Music for the day

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
now this is calssic! I'll have to look for more music by her.Sounds alomst like she should be singing celtic.
Al

She is one of my absolute favorites Al. She died many years ago. Lead singer for Fairport Convention. Their album "Liege and Lief" is in my top 10 albums of all time. If you have a CD player in your SUV I'll bring it for you next time we get into the barrens.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
She is one of my absolute favorites Al. She died many years ago. Lead singer for Fairport Convention. Their album "Liege and Lief" is in my top 10 albums of all time. If you have a CD player in your SUV I'll bring it for you next time we get into the barrens.

yes i do have a cd player and I would like that.Is she from America? has a dfinite Celtic sound to her.she even has a song about Eire I found on youtube.
Al

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
yes i do have a cd player and I would like that.Is she from America? has a dfinite Celtic sound to her.she even has a song about Eire I found on youtube.
Al

No, she was British. Check this link out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandy_Denny

Whenever I want info on anything or anybody just do a Google search of what you are looking for with "Wiki" after it. In example,

Sandy Denny Wiki or Peanut Butter Wiki or Pine barrens Wiki

The hit brings Wikipeadia up first 99% of the time.

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Bob was playing Fairport Convention as he pulled up for saturdays hike. I said it sounded like Judy Collins. My Dad was 3/4 Irish and 1/4 German.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Didn't know you liked guitar so much Al. Here is a good one by Neil Young.

PS: I liked the Clannad song a lot.

I like Neil Young ,Bob,not as much as Clannad but i do like him.Clannad is one of my favorite celtic bands.Listening to ackerman makes me wanna break out my old acoustic and put some new strings on it and make some noise.
Al

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
he was good buddies with will ackerman if he is who I'm thinking of.he died awhile back didn't he?
Al

Yeah, too young!

From Wikipedia:

"In late 1997, Hedges died at the age of 43 in a car accident along State Route 128 in Mendocino County, near Boonville (about 100 miles (160 km) northwest of San Francisco). ...His car apparently skidded off a rain-slicked S-curve and down a 120-foot (37 m) cliff."

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
Pineland Medicine Band

Tonight at Red Hot and Blue in Cherry Hill- Pineland Medicine Band.

I checked out their myspace page and their music is jam-band style. I was surprised because the name led me to believe they would be a little bluegrass/ country style. Regardless they sound pretty good and they are listed as being from Tabernacle. I'm going tonight to check them out I'll report back on the show.

Also tonight at Doc Watson's 11th and Walnut, in the city that shoves you back is a local philly band by the name of Spanish Blue. SB is a tough band to describe- funky, blues, hard rock, hip hop, with a good horn section. My cousin Jimmy is the guitarist and one of the vocalists for the band. Doc Watson's is under new ownership and tonight and tomorrow are the last shows before they close down, revamp, and possibly change the name. Doc's has supported good local music for a long time. This weekend should be a wild weekend over there. I will probably be at Doc's tonight late to catch the end of their show

Have a great weekend.
Tom

4x4Jim

Scout
Jan 20, 2006
No ones probably heard of them but they got Talent. Very chill mellow song. There other songs aren't so =)