My that's a large spider

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
A maggot story

My brother rode a bicycle to work each day, taking the same route. One day there lie a dead deer. The deer stayed there for days which turned into weeks. Each day my brother seen it blowing up bigger and bigger, while suffering the growing stench. One day to his horror, the deer had burst open and maggots lay all over the road. Too late to navigate his bike away from the mess, he drove right through it. The turning bike wheels flung maggots in every direction, landing on his bare legs.
The next day he found that someone had come along and set the deer on fire. Only a small part of it still existed.
Emmm. anyone for lunch?

Nov 12, 2007
atlantic county
Woah

That was in your house ???? neato i love spiders since they eat insects that bug me. I have only seen a spider that big in jersey once in Double Trouble State Park, 2 years ago on a railing near the bogs, boy it was big and intimidating.

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
I thought we were talking about spiders?

My brother rode a bicycle to work each day, taking the same route. One day there lie a dead deer. The deer stayed there for days which turned into weeks. Each day my brother seen it blowing up bigger and bigger, while suffering the growing stench. One day to his horror, the deer had burst open and maggots lay all over the road. Too late to navigate his bike away from the mess, he drove right through it. The turning bike wheels flung maggots in every direction, landing on his bare legs.
The next day he found that someone had come along and set the deer on fire. Only a small part of it still existed.
Emmm. anyone for lunch?

That is one disgusting story, but I can do better. When I worked in health-care we would occasionally encounter patients at home who had big infected wounds, usually in the belly, that smelled bad and required care. Well, the flies just homed in on that stuff, and one day you would take the dressing off and the wound would be moving with maggots. Believe it or not, the surgeon would say "Just leave them in there, they will clean up the pus and rotten flesh". And that is exactly what they did, the wounds would turn nice and pink and heal nicely. Now go puke.

tugwake

Scout
Sep 15, 2008
That is one disgusting story, but I can do better. When I worked in health-care we would occasionally encounter patients at home who had big infected wounds, usually in the belly, that smelled bad and required care. Well, the flies just homed in on that stuff, and one day you would take the dressing off and the wound would be moving with maggots. Believe it or not, the surgeon would say "Just leave them in there, they will clean up the pus and rotten flesh". And that is exactly what they did, the wounds would turn nice and pink and heal nicely. Now go puke.
ARF!

That's almost as bad as when (as a law enforcement officer) I found an old woman's body who'd been dead for about a week under an electric blanket in her home. OYE!! I had to burn my uniform it stunk so bad and I almost ran over myself trying to get out of the room before her stomach exploded.

Lunch anyone? I'm having pizza. LOL!

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
Uh-huh

Like I said, we should have stuck with the original topic--spiders! Somebody else got started on maggots for some crazy reason.

piker56

Explorer
Jan 13, 2006
Winslow
OK, we have a thread about ticks and chiggers, one about spiders that evolved into a decriptive discussion about maggots, and one about snakes. So now I'm going to bed scratching chigger bites and sick to my stomach. Isn't the internet wonderful? :)

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I could share about my Dung Beetle collection. Tough to nurture.
The problem isn't so much the beetles but the...

g.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I know a forum where they talk about things like that all the time.

After thinking said forum might, out of angst be a real tribute to the Barrens of LI, I chose to peruse it. Bloody Hell!, It's an open venue for three people to hold palaver over the most pathetic crap (no pun). They need help no one can give and given any dialogue on a website could be monitored, there should be agencies at that dudes doorstep, now.
Seems like what couldn't be said here is being made up for.
I'll stick with spiders, maggots, ticks, beetles, and Bob.

g.

eagles

Aug 1, 2010
A strange spider

I was looking for crayfish in the rocks near a waterfall when I saw a frog. He went under a rock so I lifted it up. When i did so, I found a light blue spider that was the size of a baseball! As it turns out...it aslo could swim or run on water or something. Does anyone know what type of spider this could be??? I live in Northern NJ.

ZZ3GMC

Scout
Sep 19, 2003
Pemberton
Visit site
I was at Whitesbogs last weekend and saw a fairly large spider running or walking real fast on the water. Kinda creeped me out because we were just in the water and it was fast!