Natural Gas Pipeline

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
Maybe this will help you to understand what is going on. Pinelands Commision Executive Director Nancy Wittenberg worked as a lobbyist (“environmental affairs director”) for the New Jersey Builders’ Association for 12 years before she became an Assistant Commissioner at the NJ Department of Environmental Protection for 7 years.

S-M
Even though I am taking the risk of sounding like an idiot, no I'm not sure I understand the connection you are making in regard to Mrs. Wittenberg. It seems to me, however, that this means she has a connection to Christe, or perhaps I'm wrong and she is the opposite. Can you please elaborate on what you are insinuating?

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
Maybe this will help you to understand what is going on. Pinelands Commision Executive Director Nancy Wittenberg worked as a lobbyist (“environmental affairs director”) for the New Jersey Builders’ Association for 12 years before she became an Assistant Commissioner at the NJ Department of Environmental Protection for 7 years.

S-M
I get it Now. This lady pretty much removed the commission from any authority on the project. Pretty awful, and damn subversive. If this goes through and construction starts, I will jeopardize my record and try to sabotage in whatever way I can. If liberties granted to the citizens of New Jersey are taken away, if the land that belongs to us, and that we so Love as members of the NJPB and citizens of the state, in which politicians clearly break and subvert the law, than I feel justified in breaking it too. I apologize if I come across militant or anti-establishment here, but I am a fierce patriot. Patriots dont stand by and let the crappy government and environmental justices be destroyed without attempting to make things better, patriots act for a better reality!

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
Go ahead and break laws? No. My complaint is that laws are not followed. NJPB members that I know are concerned law-abiding citizens who have keen interest and deep appreciation of this special place. I am suggesting it is in our best interest that due process be obeyed by everyone and that there be transparency in government. Sound rules and regulations were put in place to help protect Pinelands natural and cultural resources for everyone, not just business interests. Pinelands Commissioners swore to uphold the ruling Comprehensive Management Plan (CMP), and we have the right to keep our officials to their word.

Current pipeline dynamics set bad precedent, and facilitates the implementation of Village redevelopment. Redevelopment does not exist in the CMP, yet the Pinelands Commission routinely approves its implementation. This issue will will hurt us in our pocketbooks too! The NJ State Comptroller recently expressed to Christie his concern about historical evidence of corruption of the redevelopment process (Boxer, 2010: 6, 13).

Boxer indicated that more County and other officials should be “involved at earlier stages of the redevelopment process” and that there should be “fulsome public discussion” of redevelopment dynamics that goes beyond the “modicum of public notice” (Boxer, 2010: 22). The NJ State Comptroller concluded that redevelopment “Tax abatements offer relief only to a selected subset of taxpayers, using the political process to shift tax burdens” (Boxer, 2010: 25).

S-M

Last edited:

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
I'm no
Go ahead and break laws? No. My complaint is that laws are not followed. NJPB members that I know are concerned law-abiding citizens who have keen interest and deep appreciation of this special place. I am suggesting it is in our best interest that due process be obeyed by everyone and that there be transparency in government. Sound rules and regulations were put in place to help protect Pinelands natural and cultural resources for everyone, not just business interests. Pinelands Commissioners swore to uphold the ruling Comprehensive Management Plan (CMP), and we have the right to keep our officials to their word.

Current pipeline dynamics set bad precedent, and facilitates the implementation of Village redevelopment. Redevelopment does not exist in the CMP, yet the Pinelands Commission routinely approves its implementation. This issue will will hurt us in our pocketbooks too! The NJ State Comptroller recently expressed to Christie his concern about historical evidence of corruption of the redevelopment process (Boxer, 2010: 6, 13).

Boxer indicated that more County and other officials should be “involved at earlier stages of the redevelopment process” and that there should be “fulsome public discussion” of redevelopment dynamics that goes beyond the “modicum of public notice” (Boxer, 2010: 22). The NJ State Comptroller concluded that redevelopment “Tax abatements offer relief only to a selected subset of taxpayers, using the political process to shift tax burdens” (Boxer, 2010: 25).

S-M
Im not surprised about the tax abatements. The issue for me is that these government members and officials can break and skirt the law without much fear of retribution. That is the essence of corruption. Christie believes himself smarter and is obviously in possession of a superiority complex. He has a history of retribution against those who cross him, and that is exactly what happened with the stacking of the commission and the bridgegate scandal.
I don't advocate breaking the law, but we must remember that the very founding of this nation was initiated by a group of people who did in fact break laws that oppressed them. Let's not make the mistake of equating laws with morality.

My biggest problem was not the gas pipeline itself. Heaven knows its is better than a coal fired plant that has operated at BL England. But the precedent it sets. Allowing this to happens opens the door for others to do the same. I have already heard about another pipeline proposal, this one up north by New Jersey Natural Gas. and also a major airport expansion in Hammonton where they want to clear like 25 acres. To me that's a lot of wasted habitat and who knows what project will come down the pike next.

I also have a problem on how the commission was stacked. I followed that quite closely. Dirty Jersey politics, nothing less.

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
My biggest problem was not the gas pipeline itself. Heaven knows its is better than a coal fired plant that has operated at BL England. But the precedent it sets. Allowing this to happens opens the door for others to do the same. I have already heard about another pipeline proposal, this one up north by New Jersey Natural Gas. and also a major airport expansion in Hammonton where they want to clear like 25 acres. To me that's a lot of wasted habitat and who knows what project will come down the pike next.

I also have a problem on how the commission was stacked. I followed that quite closely. Dirty Jersey politics, nothing less.
This is my exact sentiment.

Spung-Man

Explorer
Jan 5, 2009
Richland, NJ
loki.stockton.edu
More mystifying is that a Deputy Attorney General I understand is paid per diem by the Pinelands Commission to sit in on Pinelands Commission meetings. I have tried for a month to have someone from the New Jersey Division of Law explain DAG Sean Moriarty’s role in New Lisbon, but the Attorney General’s Office ignores the correspondence and phone calls asking just what is the DAG’s fiduciary duty to taxpayers. Does anyone know?

S-M

Jason Howell

Explorer
Nov 23, 2009
I wanted to make sure everyone knows that there is going to be a Board of Public Utilities meeting coming up on this.

Date: Monday, October 19 th at 3pm and 6 pm
Street Address: 2100 Tuckahoe Rd., Petersburg, NJ 08270

They list the two times so people with different schedules can attend, but its best just to show up for 3pm if you are available.

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
More mystifying is that a Deputy Attorney General I understand is paid per diem by the Pinelands Commission to sit in on Pinelands Commission meetings. I have tried for a month to have someone from the New Jersey Division of Law explain DAG Sean Moriarty’s role in New Lisbon, but the Attorney General’s Office ignores the correspondence and phone calls asking just what is the DAG’s fiduciary duty to taxpayers. Does anyone know?

S-M
I wish I knew, but I don't. If they continue to ignore you, my suggestion would be to contact your choice of one of New Jersey's senators.