New Forum Software

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Turtle,

I fixed it so you are back to being an Explorer and not a New Member. If anyone else has that problem let one of us know.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Same here I beleive. If someone could check, I'd appreciate it.

Edit: Nevermind. Looks to be taken care of. Thanks.

I was looking at this thread and saw you were a New Member and checked to see how many posts you had.

BTW, has anyone noticed it no longer tells us the amount of posts we have. You have to now check each name to find that. I also can tell Al Gore I invented the internet. I was here back in 1969. :D

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I thought I would clean out some of my gallery photos and adds some new ones with a recent trip report. Although I am ID'd correctly now, I cannot log into member gallery to change anything. ? ? ?
No complaints, I just thought I'd let you know. Thank you for your updates, I will continue to check the status.

How do you you're ID'd correctly if you can't log in?

Can anybody else besides Guy and myself log into their gallery?

Also, I highly recommend looking at Flickr for your images going forward. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to be making the gallery read-only soon and having people go elsewhere for their picture hosting in the next little while or so.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
I don't usually frequent my gallery here, but I just tried it. Am I supposed to register seperately from this site or should this site's logon work in the gallery? I got invalid user name when attempting to logon.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Yes, that's what happened to me. I can log onto the forum site, but cannot log onto the gallery site. Last evening, the gallery showed my photos as those of bobarley88. Today they say turtle (correct ID), but I can't login. I will take your advice Ben, and look into the flicker thing if that's what you are anticipating.
Thank you.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Makes no sense. I can log in with my own account and a test account, and Guy can log in as well. It doesn't make sense why the three of us can get in and you folks can't.

Your username and password for the forum should work in the gallery. You don't need to register for an account on that software.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Okay, I just created a NEW test account on the forums and was able to log in successfully over on the gallery. I really don't know why you two could be having a problem. Maybe clear your cookies and try again. It could be something stuck in your browser from the old forums.

Either of you - if you want to change your forums password to something generic temporarily and then email it to me so I can try to log in as you I'd appreciate it. bruset@njpinebarrens.com

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Okay, folks can try the gallery again. The guy who wrote the software logged in and looked at everything and claims it's all good. Looks fine on my end too.

If you can't log in, change your password on the forums to something temporary and email me so I can try to log in as you.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I really like the Conversation feature. It is so much easier to follow than before.