New Forum Software

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Nope. Tried uploading avatar and still not showing correctly. On the screen where you change your avatar on te left side column, it looks fine, but on the box that actually show the avatar it's not displaying correctly.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I wish I hadn't taken down the old forums so I could see what your old avatar looked like over there.

What are you hoping your avatar will look like? Full width of the license plate with black bars on the top and bottom?

Edit: Send me a link to a post of yours on one of those many other forums you use so I can see what you're expecting.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
The avatars seem really huge to me, and those of us who don't have one now show a big question mark instead of just a blank space. Is that just the way it is? Guess I need an avatar in that case...

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
The avatars seem really huge to me, and those of us who don't have one now show a big question mark instead of just a blank space. Is that just the way it is? Guess I need an avatar in that case...

Yes. If there's no default avatar then the forum will show a question mark. Xenforo, the software that runs the site now, is very avatar-centric. If you look at a list of threads, instead of thread icons like we had in vBulletin now it shows the avatar of the person who made the thread, ala Facebook.

The avatars are a 96px by 96px crop of whatever you upload.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
If you go into your profile you'll see that your avatar looks just fine.

On the site, by your post, it displays a 96x96x crop (not a resize, but a crop) of your avatar. When you upload your avatar and move it from side to side you tell the software where you want it to crop to display.

I guess your avatar will not work here then.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Just go into photoshop and center the license plate inside a square white box. That is the only way I know to put a rectangular peg into a square hole... ;)

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
Just go into photoshop and center the license plate inside a square white box. That is the only way I know to put a rectangular peg into a square hole... ;)

You laugh about it, however I don't really think it's funny. Every other message board I use has the ability to use this avatar. I use it on all the boards, but apparently the board that inspired me to create this icon/avatar a very long time ago now does not accept it.

Jul 12, 2006
Gloucester City, NJ
... but everyone should be jumping for joy I guess becuase this works better with Facebook, etc. For those of us that could gives two sh*ts about facebook, twitter and evey other social networking integration, I guess we're forced to deal with it or move on.