New Forum Software

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Really Ed, think it over - we would all miss you. Regarding the gallery... just forget it and start hosting your photos somewhere else. Ben has migrated the galleries multiple times and there were always issues. There are lots of old posts here with broken links to photos. It's really best for each of us to provide our own hosting for photos elsewhere so that they are under our own control IMO.

About 6 months ago Ben said he wanted to get out of the photo hosting business, so that should have been a bit of a "heads up": http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/njpinebarrens-com-in-2011.6746/

Photo Albums. This is a tricky thing. I want to get out of the photo hosting business. I just haven't really been able to think of a good alternative to point people to besides Flickr or Google Picasa. Also, what do we do with all of the existing photos?

Please don't go away. Just find another site to host your photos.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have written Ed and I believe we will solve this together. No worries, we will have Ed around here to enjoy his posts.

Guy

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Just some info for anyone that is not aware, the Flickr photo hosting site is no charge, but there are some limitations. I have been using it for years and those limitations never had any effect for me. There is a 'pay for' option that eliminates those limitations. This is just a suggestion on my part from someone that spent 37 years supporting software; it might be a good time to consider a change given the gallery software appears a bit flaky for some. Just my 1 1/2 cents worth.

There are many photo hosting site around, and everyone has their favorite. As mentioned I use the free Flickr as a poster board and use PBase, for more permanent hosting.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Image galleries are really hard to do right, especially this software which is a little on the buggy side.

If there are bugs I need to rely on people telling me what the problem is. Because, as this thread has shown, there are situations where the gallery works perfectly for me or others and not for some other people. So the only way for me to know if there are problems is if people tell me.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Sorry everyone, the gallery problem was just one more frustration in a week of problems that were piling up. Ben, the sites great!
Thanks Boyd for the Flickr recommendation, I have an account now. :)

Ed

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Ed:

From within Flickr, click on the down arrow at the top bubble above your photo. Switch the radio button to BBCode and choose what size picture you want to link to. Then cut and paste the code that shows up in the window into your post here.

flickr.png

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
I changed my password (same as what I had) and now I can edit my photos and shift from photos to the forum>also in the photos itwill take my upload of the photo but then I get this
Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 1

Command:

"/usr/bin/mogrify" -thumbnail 125x125^ -quality 80 -gravity center -extent 125x125 -unsharp 10 '/var/www/html/gallery.njpinebarrens.com/data/876/thumbs/NUKE2_copy.jpg'

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Lets discuss Conversations. I received one recently and I was under the assumption it was just between the two of us. Then later Bob joined in. So it appears that when someone invites multiple individuals one does not know that others have been invited into the Conversation until they show up. Is this correct? If so, I would recommend that anyone who is involved in a Conversation make sure they know who it invited before responding. You may think it is between two when it may be between 100.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Ben, is there a simple way to make the fonts black in color or bolder for the dates that show when a post was posted? My eyes are not what they used to be.