New Friendship Gate

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
This is from this site - https://www.njconservation.org/current-issues/
  • Uphold the recently-developed policy of prohibiting the use of “single-track” forest trails for Enduro-type dirt bike motorcycle races on state lands. Single-track trails scar the landscape and are constantly re-used without permits, causing significant harm to natural resources. Recent actions at Brendan Byrne State Forest indicate that the single-track trail prohibition is not being followed.

I don't agree with this policy at all. They can kiss any donations from me goodbye. I'm sick and tired of these organizations getting into the state's business.

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I don't agree with this policy at all. They can kiss any donations from me goodbye. I'm sick and tired of these organizations getting into the state's business. Screw them.

Yep. Don't hiking and mtn bike trails also produce similar 'scars'? Are they next?

Reactions: mowergod

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
And what of fire breaks?

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when NJCF argued over "if" that statement should be in. I'll bet there was some disagreement between senior personnel.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
What really burns my butt is the enduro races have been in the pines for ever I'm sure some of my family even participated it these races. The pines are slowly slipping away from those who enjoy them because of a loud mouth old whiney man, a man who makes 6 figures to rile up his troops that the pines are being destroyed by every 4 wheel drive truck that goes in the forest and a superintendent that should have been fired over his support and rubber stamping of the PPA' s MAP! Hopefully the hens come back home to roost and these people are shown the damn door with a swift kick in the backside on the way out!! I say let's start a new campaign of our own and defund the PPA! And fire Rob! Let's take back what's ours and make sure it stays that way I jus not sure how to go about getting it done any sugestions?

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
What really burns my butt is the enduro races have been in the pines for ever I'm sure some of my family even participated it these races. The pines are slowly slipping away from those who enjoy them because of a loud mouth old whiney man, a man who makes 6 figures to rile up his troops that the pines are being destroyed by every 4 wheel drive truck that goes in the forest and a superintendent that should have been fired over his support and rubber stamping of the PPA' s MAP! Hopefully the hens come back home to roost and these people are shown the damn door with a swift kick in the backside on the way out!! I say let's start a new campaign of our own and defund the PPA! And fire Rob! Let's take back what's ours and make sure it stays that way I jus not sure how to go about getting it done any sugestions?

Isn't it nice how a group like the PPA can control so many puppets for the Pines? They control Rob, who should not have been allowed back in power and they just gave him a timeout by putting him at Island Beach to get him away from the center off the negative attention. Obviously someone hire up got him back to Wharton to start this MAP thing a different way. And how are some people in the PPA reaching these areas? In Jason Howell's Jeep right? Why is he allowed in a 4wd vehicle but not us?
So how do we defund a group like the PPA who has a legitimate business? I would say a protest at the Pinelands Adventure may be a way to start right?

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
I'm not sure how to defund them but there's got to be a way. How did they get grant money to buy pineland adventures that was ment for non profit use to purchase a for profit business maby I read the grant stuff wrong but I think what happend was not above board in my opinion. But it still comes down that they must be stoped some how they have way too much influence in the state and again Rob Armulier should be FIRED! He can't be neutral and he's proven that time and again he's in the PPA pocket. As for the pinelands commission they have no jurisdiction in the state forest that is the DEP's jurisdiction period and they should bow out and leave it for the DEP in my opinion maby my opinion is wrong on all of this but I highly doubt that I'm way off base here

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
But don't they have monetary ties to the PPA? MAP protest signs were placed in close proximity to them when that was going on before.

Yes, but the people who work there have nothing to do with anything related to the subject matter we are discussing.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
More ammo

At one trail entrance to the preserve, a Twisted Tea bottle was hung on a branch, a marker used to signal to other off-roaders that a good spot lays at the end of the trail, Howell said.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
I said it before and I'll say it again we need more enforcement of the rules in these areas but until the state coughs up the money the to hire more Park Police and get them capable vehicles to getting to some of these places this will keep happening and unfortunately it falls right into the PPA's B.S. and screws the rest of us

Reactions: enormiss

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It would not be. The Rancocas Conservancy owns the Buck Cove Run Preserve. In any event, I may not have the exact spot but I have the preserve area. It appears to be the spot shown in the photo.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
I'm not sure how to defund them but there's got to be a way. How did they get grant money to buy pineland adventures that was ment for non profit use to purchase a for profit business maby I read the grant stuff wrong but I think what happend was not above board in my opinion. But it still comes down that they must be stoped some how they have way too much influence in the state and again Rob Armulier should be FIRED! He can't be neutral and he's proven that time and again he's in the PPA pocket. As for the pinelands commission they have no jurisdiction in the state forest that is the DEP's jurisdiction period and they should bow out and leave it for the DEP in my opinion maby my opinion is wrong on all of this but I highly doubt that I'm way off base here

I agree Rob is in the PPA's pocket. I am not sure how they were able to do it either but I am sure their lawyers made sure it was 'legit'.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Yes, but the people who work there have nothing to do with anything related to the subject matter we are discussing.

I disagree since they have a direct relationship with the PPA. Just look on the home page of this website and you will see that it was suggested to boycott Pinelands Adventures because of the MAP stuff before. Their tactics may have changed to get the MAP but the same people are involved.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
More ammo

At one trail entrance to the preserve, a Twisted Tea bottle was hung on a branch, a marker used to signal to other off-roaders that a good spot lays at the end of the trail, Howell said.

How does he know that the twisted tea bottle means what he said and how did he know to go back to exact same spot a couple days later and find it all tore up? Me thinks something stinks like yesterdays diapers. He must have esp or this was a set up to try to further there agenda. I would not put it past Mr 6 figures

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
How does he know that the twisted tea bottle means what he said and how did he know to go back to exact same spot a couple days later and find it all tore up? Me thinks something stinks like yesterdays diapers. He must have esp or this was a set up to try to further there agenda. I would not put it past Mr 6 figures

I agree something does not seem right. The PPA had something like this happen to them before and I thought it was documented on this site but I have not found it yet.

enormiss

Explorer
Aug 18, 2015
Atco NJ
I said it before and I'll say it again we need more enforcement of the rules in these areas but until... ...this will keep happening and unfortunately it falls right into the PPA's B.S. and screws the rest of us

They can keep making rules and the same people will keep breaking them.

Albert Einstein said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”