New Friendship Gate

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Albert Einstein said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

I ain't no Einstein, but...... :D

"this quote has been wrongly attributed to Benjamin Franklin as well as (Einstein) but there’s no evidence either of them said it. “The Ultimate Quotable Einstein,” an authoritative complication of his most memorable utterances, identified the quote as a misattribution, and mentioned its use in the 1983 novel “Sudden Death” by Rita Mae Brown."

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
They control Rob, who should not have been allowed back in power and they just gave him a timeout by putting him at Island Beach to get him away from the center off the negative attention.
Rob was at IBSP and then Barnegat Light SP long before he came to Wharton. He spent his timeout time at Momouth Battlefield SP. I just found it interesting he was put back into Wharton after the new 'Governor' came on the scene. Hold onto your britches; the 'team' is now all in place.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Rob was at IBSP and then Barnegat Light SP long before he came to Wharton. He spent his timeout time at Momouth Battlefield SP. I just found it interesting he was put back into Wharton after the new 'Governor' came on the scene. Hold onto your britches; the 'team' is now all in place.

Oh I thought he went from Monmouth to those because I know he was not able to do much in Monmouth because there are no roads to close there. I did not know the timeline obviously lol. Thank you for the clarification.

And yeah I am not looking forward to the 'team' being all back together.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
It's unclear to me why that area was targeted by the PPA. Possibly a snake in the area? That piece of property is Browns Mills and Country Lakes. I lived in Browns Mills for awhile. It is the wild west. You can't really tame it.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was there today at the preserve. I will write about my morning later today.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I disagree since they have a direct relationship with the PPA.

I have heard where some non-profits help legally create a 'for-profit' entity, then that entity makes legal contributions to the non-profit and takes the deduction, while the non-profit see's no profit from the venture, just a nice contribution. If it actually is a practice by non-profits, smiles all the way to the bank.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
I have heard where some non-profits help legally create a 'for-profit' entity, then that entity makes legal contributions to the non-profit and takes the deduction, while the non-profit see's no profit from the venture, just a nice contribution. If it actually is a practice by non-profits, smiles all the way to the bank.

If that's true it should be illegal but it figures

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
If that's true it should be illegal but it figures

There is little to no oversight of non-profits in NJ. I am not aware of any government agency that regulates or monitors them. As I recall they are only required to file a tax form.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

We visited Bucks Cove Run Preserve today for the first time. We gained access to the preserve along the public right of way off of Lakehurst Road. Keep in mind we wanted to see much of the preserve and took the long route.

We parked here.

We then traveled by foot for over a mile to reach the location where the trees were planted. Many area's had deep puddles and we had to backtrack a few times to get on a better road. The place has been pretty much destroyed by off-road vehicles and looks similar to Quarter Mile.

Along the way we saw hundred's of frogs and with frogs come...

We also visited three property corners that have stones at them. Here is one of them.

When we finally arrived at the location where the trees were planted we found some of them just laying in the sand half dead. The place is a mess there and it shows that the people who frequent the place really don't care about anything except having a good time. They are slobs. They were even there last night and left the campfire smoldering.

Dying trees.

Fire still smoldering.

Trash.

With all of this said, I really have an issue with them planting trees there. 46er may be correct when he gave his opinion that this was a publicity stunt. If I was one of the Boy Scouts I would be pissed. There was no way the trees were going to make it there. They did not even block the road leading to them. Anyone could drive right over them and sure enough it happened. What were they thinking??? And conveniently a newspaper article about it materialized. There is something fishy about this.

This is where the trees were planted.

The road in has vehicle tracks all over and as mentioned above someone partied there last night. Granted, this should not have happened, but planting 400 trees without blocking them off is just beyond comprehension.

And finally, hidden away we found what appears to have been the blueberry packing house. Jessica standing at the far end of it.

FYI, I stopped and asked the woman at the first house if the road in was legal and she said it was. When I was heading back to my car she told me she hoped I had cell service if I went back there because I may need it. The lowlands surely are a struggle to walk through when flooded, even on the roads. Because of this I would say this preserve is not one the public will embrace. It really is nothing special, except a good place for illegal off-road riders to break the law. The upland area is interesting but nothing you can't see many other places in the pines. Don't rush to go there.

Guy

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Like I said, the wild west.

Exactly. But it does not have to be. This week they destroyed 400 trees, and this Friday night they partied hardy and apparently were not noticed. Unless that fire has been smoldering for a week because it was when the article was written. It really had a pungent smell and whatever is in that pile looks like it isn't safe for your health. So I may be wrong on Friday.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
Ok here's a perfect example on no enforcement I do not condone whoever's behavior but I agree this seems fishy those boy scouts were used as pawns in the PPA's B.S and that isn't right the park police should set up a sting and bust these people and prosecute to the fullest extent max fines and penalties up to and including jail time!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The property this location is on is actually Pemberton Township and not on the preserve property. Why are they planting trees there? I know I was at the correct place because the trees were laying around. I am working on the property line now to try and narrow down the exact line. I have acquired everything I need to do that. The Rancocas people usually close their property off but Pemberton may not be so fast at it. I really don't know for sure yet.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
The property this location is on is actually Pemberton Township and not on the preserve property. Why are they planting trees there? I know I was at the correct place because the trees were laying around. I am working on the property line now to try and narrow down the exact line. I have acquired everything I need to do that. The Rancocas people usually close their property off but Pemberton may not be so fast at it. I really don't know for sure yet.

If that's true then there's definitely something rotten in Denmark. I'm sure you'll have some answers soon for us. But IMHO I smell a truck load of horses__t and to plant trees and do nothing to protect them is a complete waste of resources and disrespectful to the ones who gave there time to plant them I also agree with the dude from face book

Last edited:
Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Almost everywhere they plant them the trees either do not grow or get destroyed. Maybe they should think of an alternative idea. Mr. McKnight above is correct.