New Friendship Gate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We pretty much already knew this but here is the exact survey lines. The property where the trees were planted was not part of the acquisition. It is owned by Pemberton township UNLESS sometime during this year (2019) there was another sale and the Rancocas Conservancy acquired it. That info would have to be acquired at the clerks office if it has been filed and if the sale actually occurred. I tend to doubt that but have no proof.

Reactions: 46er

eblightning

Aug 6, 2015
Sewell
How does he know that the twisted tea bottle means what he said and how did he know to go back to exact same spot a couple days later and find it all tore up? Me thinks something stinks like yesterdays diapers. He must have esp or this was a set up to try to further there agenda. I would not put it past Mr 6 figures
I was thinking the same thing. It appears staged in my opinion. Sort of like the XJ photos tearing up the land intentionally for propaganda purposes.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
A road into this area is posted at Carranza Road. This is a long road that gets you to the "sensitive" area however you are not allowed to drive it to get closer. This area is actively hunted and walked by many yet NO consideration was given to them. There are bridges way in the back to get access to dry areas. There are only two very small areas with P Morning Glory that were blocked by felled trees.
This picture was taken 3/27/2010.
P1020390s.JPG

The location of the blocks
Map.jpg

The road with the posts can better be seen on Lidar
Lidar.jpg

The posts
P8190021s.jpg

eblightning

Aug 6, 2015
Sewell
Upon reviewing the updates on this post, I am convinced this sapling planting exercise was executed solely for a publicity stunt to rile up emotions, and to further promote the PPA land use directives. And to think of the teen volunteer efforts wasted for this absurd, perverted stunt leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The citizens of NJ should be outraged.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
Upon reviewing the updates on this post, I am convinced this sapling planting exercise was executed solely for a publicity stunt to rile up emotions, and to further promote the PPA land use directives. And to think of the teen volunteer efforts wasted for this absurd, perverted stunt leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The citizens of NJ should be outraged.

Trust me we are! The B.S. from the PPA must be stoped some how. Someone needs to call B.S. on them and call them out they do nothing but lie and spin things to there agenda they want to be the only ones aloud in the pines PEROID. I have herd a couple of rumors that they are targeting micks canoe rental to have the state pull there livery permits and grant them to Pineland Adventures so they have full control of all the rivers that people kayak and canoe. If these rumors are true it should throw up a bunch of red flags to somebody in the DEP or park level.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
A road into this area is posted at Carranza Road. This is a long road that gets you to the "sensitive" area however you are not allowed to drive it to get closer. This area is actively hunted and walked by many yet NO consideration was given to them. There are bridges way in the back to get access to dry areas. There are only two very small areas with P Morning Glory that were blocked by felled trees.
This picture was taken 3/27/2010.
View attachment 12340

The location of the blocks
View attachment 12341

The road with the posts can better be seen on Lidar
View attachment 12342

The posts
View attachment 12343
Ed is this a new closure?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area

If you strongly feel this way, by all means write a letter to Pinelands Commission, copy to DEP.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
If you strongly feel this way, by all means write a letter to Pinelands Commission, copy to DEP.

Bob we have all done that in the past, including assemblymen and the governor and we are right back where we started. We've been to town meetings, filed resolutions to no end, what else is there to do? (rhetorical)

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Fox 29 just ran a story with Jason Howell talking about the 400 trees.
Atlantic white cedar sapplings were planted.
Monster trucks were referenced and cutting down a tree barricade with a chain saw.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The story is on various sites online now. They are really pushing this one. Each time using the angle that kids planted them.

• Haha
Reactions: noboat

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Not that it justifies what happened with the trees, but is Howell saying they were planted on Conservancy property? If so there is a good chance he is incorrect as outlined above, the ownership of the property would need to be vetted, and not sure if that would even matter. Were they permitted to plant trees in the area they did? Purely conjecture on my part but I think it is he that wasted the kid's time and effort knowing what the outcome would be placing the seedlings where they did.

mowergod

Explorer
Apr 9, 2011
Newtonville
Not that it justifies what happened with the trees, but is Howell saying they were planted on Conservancy property? If so there is a good chance he is incorrect as outlined above, the ownership of the property would need to be vetted, and not sure if that would even matter. Were they permitted to plant trees in the area they did? Purely conjecture on my part but I think it is he that wasted the kid's time and effort knowing what the outcome would be placing the seedlings where they did.

I completely agree.. I really believe that this was a publicity stunt and those kids were just pawns in they're sick game

Reactions: Broke Jeep Joe