New PPA brochure

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
The only problem with the idea would be that it will draw in mudders big time.
You're right. The PPA would attack it and the mudders would pile in like flies on stuff. Staking out a rational middle ground doesn't seem to get you a big audience these days. Taking an extreme position seems to be the trend.

Reactions: h2ochild

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
  • Sad
Reactions: h2ochild

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
The trucks pictured in the brochure are purpose built, which is very obvious. They would not be legal on NJ roads and have a lot of money and time invested and in my opinion would not be used where you may risk losing the investment to an LEO impoundment let alone the no license and insurance tickets. You see these at events in New Egypt, etc. You see a lot of these in Florida. A friend of mine posts here from time to time and used to run the event at New Egypt speedway and would definitely know if they are Jersey trucks or not. Not to sound naive but I would hope someone would notice them rolling down the road on the way to Greenwood, or on a trailer headed there, or an empty trailer parked somewhere. not to mention driving a rig like that at speed on pavement is nearly impossible. I know someone is going to post that owners of trucks like those don't care what they are seen doing or where they are seen doing it, but that is not true. I see many older photos in that brochure, some of the areas they are showing are recovering. I would like to know the answer of when, where and what photographer took these pics, would also like to know the answer to the drone photo questions, but we all know that will never happen with the do as I say not as I do faction.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Another problem with the brochure is the picture of the Motorized Access Plan, instead of the USGS 1997 topo map which is what I believe the Pinelands Commission eventually signed off on.

The PPA petition states: "Create enforceable routes by implementing the Pinelands Commission's Road Map For Wharton State Forest ( based on the USGS Topographic Maps circa 1954-1997)". The Pinelands Commission already passed that, so why the petition?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
The PPA petition states: "Create enforceable routes by implementing the Pinelands Commission's Road Map For Wharton State Forest ( based on the USGS Topographic Maps circa 1954-1997)". The Pinelands Commission already passed that, so why the petition?

Just to stir up their members.

'Do as I say, not as I do'; their buddy Al below.

hornerpinesjpg-d765b5850e5220ad.jpg

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Another point in the the brochure, not that I am defending, what he is doing is completely wrong, but the black Jeep Cherokee appears to me to be on Jemima Mount, and the area is burned, looks like a hot burn too. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened in a while. Also Jemima has been gated for quite some time. Using old pics to stir up the masses? Please correct me if this is not Jemima.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Another point in the the brochure, not that I am defending, what he is doing is completely wrong, but the black Jeep Cherokee appears to me to be on Jemima Mount, and the area is burned, looks like a hot burn too. I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened in a while. Also Jemima has been gated for quite some time. Using old pics to stir up the masses? Please correct me if this is not Jemima.

I recall him posting one like that from Colliers Mills WMA. Not sure if it is the same though. Maybe he uses the same one for various locations :rolleyes:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

It seems to me that hill is too steep in the photo.

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Not to disagree or argue, Solely just to provide a point of view, here is a perspective of Jemima I borrowed from the site here, and a shot if the jeep from the brochure for comparison, if the jeep were sideways as noted by the red arrow, it could be Jemima in my opinion. The Jemima shot is a little older than the Jeep shot. .

Attachments

• 1564404340716.png
    1564404340716.png
    416.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 1564404361464.png
    1564404361464.png
    337.1 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: bobpbx

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
Jason's response from the Pinelands Photography and Arts Coalition, regarding the monster truck images.

"Its a screen cap from video posted by Dirtbag 4x4. Al and I visited the pond and I later compared the tree-line with a photo I took to confirm the location. This area was reported to NJ Fish and Wildlife Division of Land use - nothing has been done to date..."

"These monster trucks are generally coming from the Forked River/Lacey Township Area and are trailered in. These people are locals and they are bold and they have an understanding that the resources of law enforcement are very limited."

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
This is the Instagram site of the guy who recorded the Monster Truck Video. He is from NJ. A lot ot the locations look like the Pine Barrens to me, maybe someone can nail down locations if you are interested.

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Yeah I found the video and made these screen shots.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190729-132033_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190729-132033_Instagram.jpg
    852.6 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_20190729-132311_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190729-132311_Instagram.jpg
    846 KB · Views: 198

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
and this one which shows the two trucks from the video in it. But one is a chevy and the other a toyota.

Attachments

• Resized_Screenshot_20190729-132248_Instagram (2).jpg
    Resized_Screenshot_20190729-132248_Instagram (2).jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 200