abby normal.jpg

Reactions: Apu Zen

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I don't care for it myself but (for the little I looked) I think they made a nice effort with the website. They are excited about the places they visited and felt the need to share them. In itself, that is something constructive and it's better than playing videogames and sneaking off to the pines to get drunk with their buddies. So part of me wants to encourage them, while hoping the experience ultimately causes them to have respect for our history and special places. I mean - they're really just kids, they are learning.

OTOH, I do have a real problem with the attitude about graffitti in the closed thread that Guy linked to. This is definitely "not cool" in my book.

there is no reason I would try to keep the locations of these places a secret from people simply because of the possibility that they might put paint on it. I cant draw/paint to save my life, but if I did, id consider making brooksbrae more visually appealing as well.

And I also have a problem with climbing the ruins at Harrisville (see the picture that Guy linked to). But, like Al said, most of us did some things at age 22 that we aren't proud of today. People grow up, they change - hopefully for the better. :)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I don't care for it myself but (for the little I looked) I think they made a nice effort with the website. They are excited about the places they visited and felt the need to share them. In itself, that is something constructive and it's better than playing videogames and sneaking off to the pines to get drunk with their buddies. So part of me wants to encourage them, while hoping the experience ultimately causes them to have respect for our history and special places. I mean - they're really just kids, they are learning.

OTOH, I do have a real problem with the attitude about graffitti in the closed thread that Guy linked to. This is definitely "not cool" in my book.

And I also have a problem with climbing the ruins at Harrisville (see the picture that Guy linked to). But, like Al said, most of us did some things at age 22 that we aren't proud of today. People grow up, they change - hopefully for the better. :)

Al is now 50 and much larger then at 20.Something in me would still like to climb it but I"m not sure if i fell weather I"d bounce or splat.I also do have a little more respect for historical stuff then I used to,maybe thats because I"
m officially historical now.

Reactions: Apu Zen

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Mostly harmless.

The author is the next generation of Pine Barrens enthusiasts. At least she's showing an interest in history instead of sitting on Facebook all day like a lot of other people do. I disagree with her on the graffiti thing but otherwise I think she's doing a good job with her site.

Reactions: Apu Zen and Boyd

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
They are doing possibly a good or a bad thing for the right reasons.After they seeing a few places dear to themselves trashed and destroyed and perhaps finding that they led the vandals to the spot this may temper their enthusiasm for publicity.Again not trashing them for what their doing I just think they don't have a full grasp of human nature yet.We don't all follow the same rules.