Not the blue hole, but something like it

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
That picture does make it tough, and there could be several possibilities. Most of the places mentioned thus far have been on private land however. My suggestion would be to go to Old Halfway. It is very cool, an old sand quary with blue water and interesting topography (mostly due to erosion). It is also picnic friendly!

You can almost drive up to it...it is closed to vehlicular traffic but it is a short walk from the signs that tell you "no motor vehicles". There are actually two "lakes" and they are a short walking distance apart. You are allowed to be there though. If you are interested reply and I will supply directions.

Jeff

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
well I mean, it's different than normal lakes becuase the water is super blue.

And I only asked about Mount Misery becuase I had an experience there where I've never been more scared in my life, and a few weeks ago I met someone who encountered something much scarier than I did, but similar nonetheless.

What did you experience? Do you think it was the JD?

flashingVlights

Dec 15, 2007
ummmm I don't know what the JD is but thanks everyone!!

Also, directions to Old Halfway would be helpful, thanks again!

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
And I only asked about Mount Misery becuase I had an experience there where I've never been more scared in my life, and a few weeks ago I met someone who encountered something much scarier than I did, but similar nonetheless.

I had a really scary experience near Mount Misery last year.
Bob, Jeff and I polished off nearly a gallon of my homemade crazy juice while parked on a bluff overlooking an old pit.
Bob met some old school chums and we had a grand old time on a crisp winter afternoon/night.
The scary part you ask?
Getting home.
:)

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
ummmm I don't know what the JD is but thanks everyone!!

Also, directions to Old Halfway would be helpful, thanks again!

Okay, you take route 70 headed east from Philadephia till you get to the route70/72 circle. Take route 72 east (it is acually southeast). You will go under the old train overpass, and continue past where route 532 enters route 72 on the right. Look for a Greenwood Wildlife management sign on the left. Now, I recall that there are two of these signs...I think the one you want is the second one you see on the left. It will be oppisite a gravel road that comes off of 72 on the right. That is the one you want. Make that left,

Follow it down till you see "No motor vehicles" signs on the trees. Park somewhere and continue walking down that road. Soon you will come up to the old halfway pit. The oppisite side of the pit is more picnic friendly (walk around the pit to the right).

If you want to visit the other pit. follow the road to the left as you first walk up to the pit. The road here is old and puddle filled. the other pit will be on your right but you have to look for it because the road wears deep into the ground and you have to walk along the top of it.

Just watch your bearings so you don't get lost. Good luck, have fun, eat a sandwich.

Jeff

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Also, I lived right next to mount misery road for years. Did your experience involve the car following you on that road? I am afraid the name of Mount misery has caused it some grief in urban legends. It is okay you can tell us what happened we won't give you a hard time....well, maybe teegate will:rofl:

Jeff

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Come on, you can tell us what happened.

i-want-to-believe.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
..well, maybe teegate will:rofl:

Jeff

From the above photo ... bruset will also :)

Seriously, his post had shades of previous posts where orbs and other strange things were happening. What was one to think? :confused:

Guy

flashingVlights

Dec 15, 2007
hahahahah well we saw like a bunch of people in white robes like real late at night, and this kid that I met from Delran said he went up for something for his firehouse and they saw a bunch of poeple dressed in white burning something. But, before I met this kid I never even mentioned it to anyone else because it was just really crazy and I didn't think anyone would believe us. That's all, don't make fun of me :(

Thank you for the directions!

Stu

Explorer
Feb 19, 2004
White Haven, PA
www.stuofdoom.com
hahahahah well we saw like a bunch of people in white robes like real late at night, and this kid that I met from Delran said he went up for something for his firehouse and they saw a bunch of poeple dressed in white burning something. But, before I met this kid I never even mentioned it to anyone else because it was just really crazy and I didn't think anyone would believe us. That's all, don't make fun of me :(

Thank you for the directions!

I heard something similar about people wearing white robes being at the Forked River Mountains. If it's true it's probably just a pagan group. Nothing out of the ordinary really.