Oct 28 9:45 6th annual PINE BARRENS 4 WHEEL DRIVE CLEANUP

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
I havn't been to this site in a few months, and logged because I knew that the date for the cleanup was coming soon. Joann and I had a great time last year. Its always a pleasure meeting up with the folks who post here. I'll just have to make sure that I get my homework done before we go!! Hope to see you all there.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Can't wait to get out there again. For every truck load we bring in .... We felt a personal gain for the pinelands and our hearts. Sincerely Dave And Joann

T

TabernacleNative

what route?

I gotta ask... I believe my friend is a member of the Jeep Club, but he told me about the cleanup a few weeks ago. He's got a beater Jeep that we had down trails I thought we'd never get out of. I've got a big Blazer that I do use as a daily driver. I'd love to help on the cleanup, but I don't want to see my Blazer swamped. I've been out to Hampton, Quaker Bridge, out to Batsto - you guys have a route you follow or just a big head-out-and-clean-up???

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I'd love to help on the cleanup, but I don't want to see my Blazer swamped. I've been out to Hampton, Quaker Bridge, out to Batsto - you guys have a route you follow or just a big head-out-and-clean-up???

You would be best suited going to the sign up @ Atsion ( around 9:30 safe )
and getting a little instruction, idea, or maybe hook up with some folks.
might make it a little more enjoyable for you while you're helping as well.
Hope you make it!

g.

Lorun

Explorer
Apr 10, 2004
Woolwich
You would be best suited going to the sign up @ Atsion ( around 9:30 safe )
and getting a little instruction, idea, or maybe hook up with some folks.
might make it a little more enjoyable for you while you're helping as well.
Hope you make it!

g.

When I went two years ago, I told the guy at the sign up table I was just driving a stock Cherokee and had my two year with me. He assigned me to a Nissan Xterra group that was sticking to the more passable roads.

I am taking my brother and 3 year old son this year, and I am not looking to get swamped either. I would like to meet up with members before or during the clean up. In front of the small hill to the left of the house may be a good spot to meet.

Ron

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I was hoping to make it, but various circumstances both north and south of Trenton are making it look increasingly unlikely. Be careful out there and take your straps with you. If you guys had half the rain we had up north over the last three days it's gonna be swampy.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
I did a "dry", well not really run this after noon. It is wet but manageable out my way. I intend to certainly have my son Sam (8) with and possibly my Daughter. I had tossed the idea of a little breakfast at the joint down the way at Dutchtown. I'll be loaded already so timing for me is open ended. Anyone interested PM me.

g

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
other than the usual bottles and cans did you see much trash? I am out there frequently and don't see much at all east of 206. about all i've come across is a very old bottle dump but its a long way from atsion.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
other than the usual bottles and cans did you see much trash? I am out there frequently and don't see much at all east of 206. about all i've come across is a very old bottle dump but its a long way from atsion.

To be honest, You are correct, it's not too bad out in Pestletown. Scott had indicated to me that we must be making a difference and yes, apparently we are.
I will admit, on my dry run I cheated & loaded up some crap. S-10 is a little lower. I found a couple things I will get in the morn' as I was not dressed to get trashed. If it means anything... it seems we are winning. Wish the state would see that and support us a little more. See ya tomorrow.

g.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Say Woodjin, did you see any trash in your travels around your new place?

Scott, we can always go to Westcoat bogs and take the unatural stuff out of the creek water--iron, chimney bricks, etc.--though I don't know if we can dump it. I"m getting quite a softie heart about westcoat lately.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.

Scott, we can always go to Westcoat bogs and take the unatural stuff out of the creek water--iron, chimney bricks, etc.--though I don't know if we can dump it. I"m getting quite a softie heart about westcoat lately.

Westcoat is one of my longtime favorite areas Bob. I'll talk to you tomorrow about the logistics of what we have to yank.
If you think we can do something there let's do it.
I think one run through Pestletown might take care of things.

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Sorry guys, we won't be making it Sunday. I have a lot of homework to get moving on. It's not due for another few weeks, but time flies. Hope to catch you all out there soon.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Sorry guys, we won't be making it Sunday. I have a lot of homework to get moving on. It's not due for another few weeks, but time flies. Hope to catch you all out there soon.

Sorry to hear it Banjo. I was looking foward to seeing you again. Till we meet again then.........bob

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery

I'm happy to report that there is not much trash I have come across around my area. There is some trash on some of the state owned areas of Moore's meadow road however. Primarly toward the carranza side. And one spot further up about 1/2 way to 532. But it might be hard to get in there now with the road closed and all.

Jeff

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
I'm happy to report that there is not much trash I have come across around my area. There is some trash on some of the state owned areas of Moore's meadow road however. Primarly toward the carranza side. And one spot further up about 1/2 way to 532. But it might be hard to get in there now with the road closed and all.

Jeff

I was thinking about the area where you, me and Bob hiked around Bisphams Mill.
The roadsides there were really bad.
A little bit of a haul from Atsion though.
Scott

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I had a great time with you today Scott, Tom, and George (and later Jim). Along with Scott's wife Dottie, and two of George's children (Sam and Layne), we had a real nice time cleaning up with a side trip to Wescoat Bogs.

I'm very sorry, but the photos by the truck at Westcoat did not come out for some reason (some drastic camera setting reason). But these came out:

Can't beat a sunny crisp day at the bogs with ice cold beer!

CLEANCREWTWO.JPG

A skunk on the way out of Westcoat:

SKUNKTWO.JPG

Turtles; Mud I think:

MUDTURTLESTWO.JPG

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Fantastic !!

Could not have asked for a better day & better company.
Got a good start with a good load, the sign up was loaded with folks.
Glad to see Bob right off and Layne & Sam Really dug him.
We pulled good loads as a team but the fact that we actually had time for sightseeing in the day was a testament to the fact that the trash is getting harder to find. We're winning the battle. I was pleased the S-10 lived up to it's task although I truly think Bob was trying to have me park it in the dumpster with the rest of the trash.
Bob I must thank you for the tour of Wescoat and the little things like the wood bridge and carrying Sam over the bogs was a joy. Sorry the truck pics didn't come out. they would have been nice. Felt good to have Tom along and his calm nature made his company a joy. Sadly, Scott & Dott's dog Remington was in recovery from a "surgery?" But great company.
I will say, Bob is a Wacko in the woods with his truck, which kept me to Scott's truck for our Wescoat ride. The kids loved it. Seemed at every turn Bob was stopping to enjoy a piece of the pines. (the skunk thing, well...)
Bob, I like the pic where we had a stop for a cold one (Thank you Scott)
But while the kids enjoyed the turtles I am pleased you missed the shot of me Traumatizing the mud turtle while Consuming alchoholic beverage and Buggering the bog. But I will not be responsible for your idea of playing Stickball with the turtles. You really did get the best distance! Sorry, just kidding herpers. Back at the Pic, fun was had, Music was heard (with some complications) Wings were on target and folks were great. Kudos to Mike Tarsia for his work on this event! We even had a visit From Jim Ungehager. (Sorry for the fun at your expense Jim) Although in truth Bob could have easily Blown that clutch, broken those lugnuts and flipped the truck. In the end Layne & Sam are cold & tired but they come away with a vision of what it's really about. I am honored to be with the people we had today and would not have traded it for anything.
Thanks all!

G.

kingofthepines

Explorer
Sep 10, 2003
the final outpost
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

i didn't get down there until noon so the groups were already underway. I ventured down rockwood road, grabbed a couple of spackle buckets from the ditch along the road and filled them up with litter on my way back to 206. By 4:30 the pics above are evidence of what was pulled from the woods. More than I expected but not close to what it has been in the past. The pile of tires is puny compared to the pyramid from a few years back. It was a pleasant surprise

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
A great day in the woods with good friends.
My camera had some issues so I have nothing to post.
George and I have noticed a drop in the dumping down this way in the past few years and we worked hard to put together three loads of crap on the south side of the local bogs.
Bob has a good idea with perhaps shifting the cleanup a little north and east next year to some areas that haven't been touched.
This was the fourth year for me and my wife and we look forward to next year.