ORV Management In Sensitive Areas Of Wharton

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Not trying to be secretive at all, my apologies if it came off that way. I'm on mobile now or I would post the pdf I got from Mark Texel, I will post it later when I get to a PC, but you can imaging what it says, just reiterating the FAQ drivel. With regards to the resolutions, I think cherokee261 might have posted the Medford Lakes one, but I don't think a soft copy has been been posted of the Medford one.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Everyone get outside for this in a few minutes.

Space Station

Time: Wed Aug 19 8:45 PM, Visible: 3 min, Max Height: 87 degrees, Appears: NW, Disappears: SE

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Ok, I Don't want to rain on anybody's parade but it's not over in these towns. I will have a copy of Medford Townships resolution tomorrow but this is the short of it. Yes they oppose it, for now, but Medford Township invited the DEP to be present at the next meeting on September 8th. That's the big one in my mind. It's after both sides are heard a decision could be made. We just got our voice heard at this point. I wish I could celebrate but there is still a major uphill battle.

Looking for a space station now:D

Last edited:

Cherokee261

Scout
Aug 6, 2015
Medford Lakes
Attached is a copy of the resolution that passed in Medford Lakes. The borough will be sending a copy to surrounding towns, but please forward it to your local elected officials also and ask them to introduce a similar motion at their next meeting.
This is my post with the Medford Lakes resolution, it shows up on page 32 of the thread (for me anyway). I'm a Medford Lakes council member, and it got passed here because I wrote it and thankfully my fellow council members agreed with my position. We sent it out to surrounding towns, but I encourage everyone to send a copy to their own town's elected officials and follow up, to include attending their next meeting to publicly ask them to pass the resolution. Medford also agreed with us and passed the same resolution last night. The more towns the better, it sends a strong message that we're not going to tolerate this assault on our rights!

Cherokee261

Scout
Aug 6, 2015
Medford Lakes
Ok, I Don't want to rain on anybody's parade but it's not over in these towns. I will have a copy of Medford Townships resolution tomorrow but this is the short of it. Yes they oppose it, for now, but Medford Township invited the DEP to be present at the next meeting on September 8th. That's the big one in my mind. It's after both sides are heard a decision could be made. We just got our voice heard at this point. I wish I could celebrate but there is still a major uphill battle.
Medford did indeed invite the DEP, but I can assure you if they are brave enough to show up, they will limp out feeling bruised and battered. Medford officials made that clear when they extended the invite!

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
Everyone get outside for this in a few minutes.

Space Station

Time: Wed Aug 19 8:45 PM, Visible: 3 min, Max Height: 87 degrees, Appears: NW, Disappears: SE
Wow! That was a brilliant one tonight! I watch in amazement every time.....

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I am always thrilled to see it because many of the things I make are on it.

smoke_jumper

Piney
Mar 5, 2012
Atco, NJ
Medford did indeed invite the DEP, but I can assure you if they are brave enough to show up, they will limp out feeling bruised and battered. Medford officials made that clear when they extended the invite!
I hope it all goes that well. I'm still celebrating a bit. It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Just saying.;)

SuperChooch

Explorer
Aug 26, 2011
For folk who are interested, I've attached the Medford resolution as well as the letter from Mark Texel.

Attachments

• rton MAP reply to emails group w signature.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Township of Medford Resolution - Res 155-2015.pdf
    250.4 KB · Views: 437

tsqurd

Explorer
Jul 29, 2015
South Jersey
"...ate the effectiveness of the M.A.P. to ensure that it meets the goals we all share of promoting access to the Forest and preserving and protecting the Forest’s environment..."

I don't like his word selection. I'm certain everyone that has signed the petition, written letters, called, etc to voice concerns about the park service's actions would not agree with preserving the forest. Conserve, yes. There is a big difference in meaning and action between those two words.