Palace Amusements Building Demolished (5/26/04)

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bach2yoga

bruset said:
heh, it's the word filter. Guy changed the word g a y to "LOOK AT ME I AM SO SMART" when Johnny was spamming the forums.

ok...makes more sense to me now.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
JerseyJim said:
The Jewish people haven't run out of room in Lakewood yet, they are buying everything, they are even buying out all the slums and ghetto's. I don't see any Jewish families in Asbury Park but I do see them in Belmar. Right now when you drive thru key neighborhoods in Asbury Park, you do see a rather high population of LOOK AT ME I AM SO SMART!'s and Lesbian's but I have to admit they have the nicest looking houses. Hey maybe we need to set up a driving tour of Asbury Park and take a walk on the boardwalk one time for people such as Barry that have never had the pleasure of visiting Asbury Park, while there we might as well go to Ocean Grove and view the lovely old houses there also. It isn't the Pine Barrens but there is alot to see.

I've been told that many Jewish families don't pay property taxes there. How can *anyone* get away with that? I would like to do the same in my town.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
suresue592003 said:
I agree with Jokerman, the pines is on borrowed time. I actually have nightmares of condos being built at Friendship! Am I going nuts here?! Anyway, when that starts to happen, I am the hell out of Jersey! That I have promised myself a long time ago.
....................Sue.....................

Not without a big fight they won't. :x

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
JerseyJim said:
The Jewish people haven't run out of room in Lakewood yet, they are buying everything, they are even buying out all the slums and ghetto's. I don't see any Jewish families in Asbury Park but I do see them in Belmar. Right now when you drive thru key neighborhoods in Asbury Park, you do see a rather high population of LOOK AT ME I AM SO SMART!'s and Lesbian's but I have to admit they have the nicest looking houses. Hey maybe we need to set up a driving tour of Asbury Park and take a walk on the boardwalk one time for people such as Barry that have never had the pleasure of visiting Asbury Park, while there we might as well go to Ocean Grove and view the lovely old houses there also. It isn't the Pine Barrens but there is alot to see.

There was always a larger presence in Bradley Beach. At least that is what I remember when visiting there in the 70s.

Belmar always had a large Guido presence in the summer :lol: I almost fell there once as the floors inside were greasy. Must have been those Northern NJ or Staten Island folks.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
SkullCherrys said:
I visited Asbury Park for the first time about a yr ago, guess it's a good thing I had my camera.

I never leave home without it. As more and more McMansions are built for Nimbys, it' only a matter of time before there are no pines or farms are left.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
bruset said:
"look at me I'm so smart" I bought this property when it was dirt cheap and now it's worth a ton of dough.

is my guess. i can't blame them, and if the LOOK AT ME I AM SO SMART!/lesbian community wants to move in and clean up the town, i support that 100%.

Ben, your sig.file "has for your Expedition" I would like one Boss 429 engine and a nitrous oxide kit. Do you accept Pay Pal :D

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I've been told that many Jewish families don't pay property taxes there. How can *anyone* get away with that? I would like to do the same in my town.

For some reason natural born male Americans have the least amount of support from the good 'ol government. Every single gas station in the state is owned by middle eastern men who are given so many incentives and breaks that nobody else really stands a chance. They are even given big breaks if they acquire debt. I have no idea what is going on in this country anymore. I had an experience at a 7-11 a few years ago after 9-11 happened where I asked anIndian clerk what he thought about the events of 9-11. The answer he gave made me furious (something like "people are dying all over the world.. in a very bored tone). I called the cops from thre store and went back to the taxi I was using to wait. To me the reply was "suspicious" behavior which we were encouraged to report at te time. So th cops show up and go inside before I get the chance to talk to them and the guy starts pointing at me through the window and saying whatever he was saying. The cops would not listen to me telling me to shut up and pushed me against the hood of their car and f***ing arrested me! I was finally able to convince them that I had called them and told them waht the guy had said. Long (already) story short, they promised to reduce my violation to a misdemeanor and said they would investigate my complaints. Bottom line, I had to pay a fine of $250...all for being a conscientious American. Point of story, other cultures are protected so much that they can go around denouncing America in public and that's just fine. An American says one thing about someone being anti-American and it's racism. Our voices and rights are being snuffed out. George Bush and his thugs have taken it into the stratosphere and showed the world what happens when a bunch of assholes start running things and when money starts being the most important thing to people. Meanwhile a lot of the rich people who have flooded into the area I live in (Monmouth Co.) don't seem that happy. I ahve not seen a modest home built in 5 years around me, 3-stories, 4-stories. I could rant al day about it (obviously). I truly believe since I knew New Jersey when it was different that the course of things is breaking my heart and making me a little bitter. Do you think it shows?!

BTW, Gov. Greevey seems to be doing a decent job in the way of at least trying to do something about urban sprawl. I'm hoping that the evil ways of the BUsh Empire will sway people away from the whole Republican mentality. Not that either side is great, but they (Repubs.) really don't have any point except improving the economy (at any cost). Blah, Blah, Blah. Must stop.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Have you noticed Jokerman, how the media has taken sides? I listen to Rush Limbaugh and 1210 talk radio in Philadelphia, not because I am republican, but because it is so unbelievable that there are knuckleheads all over the country who worship those neo-conservatives and Bush. I sit there slackjawed (and yet strangely entertained) listening to them rant on about the great liberal conspiracy to unseat Bush only because we hate him. They cannot connect the dots when it comes to the difference between protesting the war and supporting the troops. They think if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops. Absolutely incredible.

Sorry if off topic Ben, ever since the prison scandals I worry about this country and it consumes a lot of my time.

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
BobM said:
Have you noticed Jokerman, how the media has taken sides? I listen to Rush Limbaugh and 1210 talk radio in Philadelphia, not because I am republican, but because it is so unbelievable that there are knuckleheads all over the country who worship those neo-conservatives and Bush. I sit there slackjawed (and yet strangely entertained) listening to them rant on about the great liberal conspiracy to unseat Bush only because we hate him. They cannot connect the dots when it comes to the difference between protesting the war and supporting the troops. They think if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops. Absolutely incredible.

Sorry if off topic Ben, ever since the prison scandals I worry about this country and it consumes a lot of my time.

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I wrote a reply and somehow your last message got placed in. It's too late to write it again, so in a nutshell...Yes, I can not believe anyone voted for the moron whi is now are President. Please help us get rid of him. Where are the great Americans?

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
jokerman said:
Yes, I can not believe anyone voted for the moron whi is now are President.

Apparently, there was a problem in Florida, and the Supreme Court decided the vote will stand, the hell with the people. I was no great fan of Gore, but he isn't dumb either.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
jokerman said:

For some reason natural born male Americans have the least amount of support from the good 'ol government. Every single gas station in the state is owned by middle eastern men who are given so many incentives and breaks that nobody else really stands a chance. They are even given big breaks if they acquire debt. I have no idea what is going on in this country anymore.

We have also felt this in the IT area as more jobs have been outsourced overseas to India.

As for those cops, shame on them. I was listening to WABC this morning about a woman who spotted to Iranians taking pictures in the NYC subway. When she notified the authorities, they informed her that they could not send someone there because they were too far away and that they were busy with other things to do. Amazing.

njvike

Explorer
Jul 18, 2003
Sparta, NJ
home.earthlink.net
jokerman said:
I wrote a reply and somehow your last message got placed in. It's too late to write it again, so in a nutshell...Yes, I can not believe anyone voted for the moron whi is now are President. Please help us get rid of him. Where are the great Americans?

I believe if you make an error, you can edit the message and post it again. I don't know if there's a certain amount of time you have but I have done it in the past.

Ben?

B

bach2yoga

It is my fervent hope that we have the sense to vote Bush out of office.
Renee

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
wreck.jpg

:rolleyes:

B

bach2yoga

I love the humor!

It is a cool picture....where did you find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.