Palace Amusements Building Demolished (5/26/04)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
I understand the humor, and understand the its applicability to the thread which I started, and ultimately destoyed, but maybe...just maybe, this discussion was of the UTMOST importance to what the entire web page focuses on. Please be aware that this discussion was right on the money and the ridiculous picture which to me seemed to represent the exact snuffing effect that we were yelling about. I love the Pine Barrens and if a spark could be set from here, I would hate to see the Admin. snuff it out. What we were talking about is real and the upset brought on by the hyberbole of the picture seemed very disruptive to maybe the most important topic alive on this discussion forum. Maybe we need to talk more constructively? To that I would agree. Nothing for nothing ..with the current wave of thought..get ready to see the worst happen.. Maybe a difference could be started here. I would hate to see the ignorance be fueled in an arena such as this one which should be outside the usual bullshit that we are all dealing with. Am I wrong? I truly hope not. Again, the discussion most certainly needs to be more "professional" perhaps? FACT: New Jersey WILL see BUILDOUT status within 50 years from now based on the current rate of developement..and guaranteed the State will supply the developers with the land they need...Pinelands included. Martha Furnace WILL eventually be surrounded by houses if the current trend is not stopped by public resisitance. It won't happen in the next ten years, but WILL in the next 50. That is NOT acceptable since the Pine Barrrens needs to be here 1,000 years from now. That WAS the idea or what's the cause? please keep talking and let's get a thing together where we get EVERYONE to write to all the Powers That Be to curb Urban Sprawl. I don't care about the delicacies of the thread when it comes to the safety of our Mother. Please accept my apologies Admin. and I hope you understand these thoughts.

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
Again, I feel like I'm being a refugee in a forum that has no option but to be on the fringe. I don't mean to disrupt the Admin's ability to keep the peace, but sometimes peace must be broken. I shall speak diplomatically from here on since that is the best way to move things along.

B

bach2yoga

Jokerman,
The issue Ben was refering to was the political war turn the thread had taken. There is even a forum for political threads re: the Pines here, but moving toward the war talk was a potential hornet's nest.
Renee

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Exactly. Talking about the politics behind building and overbuilding is fine. I don't even really mind the war/anti-war rants, just make a new thread for it. It had nothing to do with Palace Amusements, and has the capability to set off major drama on the forums.

B

BarryC

Did anyone here ever think that there might be someone here who likes Bush? (like me for example) Thanks for all the insults.
Yeah I disagree with all his environmental ideas, but in everything else I'm with him 100%. I'm Republican 100%. I don't want him out of the White House. I get enough Bush-bashing and anti-war talk at work. I thought we could avoid it here.
Thanks.

B

bach2yoga

Barry,
I believe that was Ben's point in posting the train wreck....because in the US we
all have a right to our opinion...you included. That's the point behind voting, and election will (hopefully?) determine which way the country as a whole chooses to go.
Renee

B

BarryC

Thank you.
Yes, I realize that. I know. I just wanted to vent for a second, since everyone else was, although differently.
bach2yoga said:
Barry,
I believe that was Ben's point in posting the train wreck....because in the US we
all have a right to our opinion...you included. That's the point behind voting, and election will (hopefully?) determine which way the country as a whole chooses to go.
Renee

B

bach2yoga

BarryC said:
Thank you.
Yes, I realize that. I know. I just wanted to vent for a second, since everyone else was, although differently.
bach2yoga said:
Barry,
Renee

Yeh, you have a right to vent just like the rest of us. :D

jokerman

Explorer
May 29, 2003
Manasquan
If you feel a reason to vote for him, then yeah go for it. I have absolutely no idea why you would vote for more pollution and more destruction of our landscape plus the threat of losing the Endangered Species Act, but please vote as you'all wish, of course. This guy is a no-brainer when it comes to what is good for the cause of all. GET RID OF HIM.>

capttom

Scout
Feb 23, 2004
you can either vote for crook #1 or crook #2....same outcome either way...a crook in office.....people still think that voting matters.........lmao..........lets try something different......nobody vote ...nobody........at least we wont be guilty of voting for a corrupt politician........

shoobie

May 17, 2004
Manahawkin
Did I miss something in the news? I didn't realize that it was an executive order that resulted in the final demolition of the pier. Damn those republicans!!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.