Photo Archives--Forked River Mountain Coalition

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Slide 4--1973

That is not the Cedar Bridge tower for sure. It does not have the gable roof. I have photo's of Apple Pie Hill in that time frame but maybe a year or so later and the antenna array is different. However, they could have been damaged by vandals and replaced right after the photo was taken. In any event, I do not believe it is Apple Pie Hill at this moment.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have a photo of the Apple Pie Hill tower in 1978 that shows that view turned about 90 degrees. The antenna mounts match as does the paint color adjacent to the respective mounts. However, the large antenna is not there and the smaller one is on the opposite mount. That again can be explained by the 5 years difference and replacement. The microwave poles that were there at that time would be a good clue but they are not showing. If this Apple Pie Hill I hope she has photo's of a few buildings that were there then which I also have photo's of.

I am still not certain.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That array matches Lebanon and I think that narrows it down. Let me check a little more.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The support beams are different at Lebanon. Unless the state altered them that may not be correct.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The support beams are different at Lebanon. Unless the state altered them that may not be correct.

Guy, I had cropped the photo, but now in looking at the entire photo, I realize I left off an important clue:
4A.PNG

Reactions: Teegate

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Apple Pie for sure. I really do hope there are photo's you have of buildings you don't know what they are.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Apple Pie for sure. I really do hope there are photo's you have of buildings you don't know what they are.

Yes, good call. Apple Pie Hill. I don't have a lot more of photos with buildings. I'm starting to think it might be good to start asking some old timers for photos to scan.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was particularly referring to Apple Pie Hill. I have photo's I took of the well buildings there and was hoping there would be more of them out there. it would be nice to get other views.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I know who that is. I will let others guess. Bob..we discussed him one day a short while ago and where he or his family lived. That is a great photo and thanks for posting it.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That is what his bag of charcoal looked like. Really nice!

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I have no idea. But just to make a guess I will say it is close to Route 70.