Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Slide 28--1977

28.PNG

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
You are indeed correct. Well done! Your assumption beat mine. I thought at first it was the road behind the sand plant by Bamber.

This road is called Bloody Ridge Road.
hey guys... I am revisiting this old archive from photos forum. I think I found exact Guy's hill but the coordinates for that open field/dirt road are not correct. I was in that exact location. no field only tall trees and no view like that. maybe its somewhere along Bloody ridge rd and webs mill rd. I walked a good 4 miles in from 539 and did not find that field. I think the pic below is where Guy was.IMG_2448.JPG
IMG_2448.JPG

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Can you clarify what you mean. What coordinates?

Yes, that is the location. I was there recently.

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
Slide 24--1973. There are a few slides in here that would be obscure to anyone, even with the name of the road on it. I won't bother showing those. However, this one I think I might have figured it out without looking at the name (maybe). Anyway, I feel confident Ted or Guy might have a clue regarding this road.View attachment 4758
the coordinates from the pic that bob posted I believe from 1973

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
oh and also. I go to the edge of the field there were two large doe standing smack dab in the middle of the hill. I rushed to get my camera out but they sprinted away. which was also awesome to watch

Glenn Walters

Explorer
Oct 2, 2013
The coordinates on the peak of the road was just me pointing to the road to show Bob my choice. I was not giving the actual coordinates of her photo because I had not gone out there yet to find the location. I later did and it is here.

http://maps.njpinebarrens.com/#lat=39.86756923468371&lng=-74.38678127116395&z=17&type=hybrid&gpx=
thanks for the info Guy I actually came in from Pasadena Webbs Mill road. just north of your clearing. I took that road to bloody ridge road and travelled up and down it exploring. I honestly think I was less than a hundred yards from that spot. hahaha. I will definitely make it there next time. thanks again