Picnic

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
I had a great time at the picnic! The hours truly did fly by. It was nice meeting some new people and of course always a pleasure to see everyone again. Dave (banjo) thanks for the info on antares. I'm pretty sure that is the star that has been bugging me lately. Good to know it is not a UFO following me around! whew! LOL

Jeff

aserdaten

Scout
Jul 26, 2003
Ormond Beach, Florida
Now that I've got my new laptop all straighened out and am pickimg up the signal here in my hotel room in Trevose, I guess I'll be successful in posting this. Us old farts do have our problems with this newfangled technology. For one thing, I still can't receive or send e-mail on the laptop, but the one back in Florida should be collecting everything for me - I hope.

First off, thanks to host Bob and all the others who pitched in to make this a very interesting afternoon. Don't know how he got things so well organized as far as who came with what food, but it all worked out nicely. And, of course, not to forget the task of preparation, that all turned out fantastically. Capping it off, that chocolate cake was a killer!

The number of attendees (12?) was also a nice manageable number, and just right so that all of us could talk about some of our specal interests and discoveries, and show off the pines-related things they brought with them. I was quite impressed with the wide age span of the attendees, and with the number of ladies who attended.

Since I'm getting a bit carried away here, I'll wrap this up after once more thanking Bob and family for their much-appreciated efforts Saturday.

Dave, Ormond Beach, FL

Windsor

Scout
Aug 11, 2005
Somerdale
I am sorry I missed it, but being a new member to the forums, I don't know if I would have known that many people. ;) I would love a chance to explore with some of you at some point.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Windsor said:
I am sorry I missed it, but being a new member to the forums, I don't know if I would have known that many people. ;) I would love a chance to explore with some of you at some point.

Looking over your profile, you have all the same interests and I believe a similar occupation as Ben, except for the fishing part I think.

In any event, many of the people there did not know each other. You would have fit right in.

As for exploring, keep a watch and I am sure in the fall something will come up that everyone can attend.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
SkullCherrys said:
It looked like a good time. I drove by like 2x I think. My mom stopped by with our dog and said she looked at the moon with you guys. She thought the telescope was awesome and wants to get one now.

Why didn't you stop in? Do so next time.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
SkullCherrys said:
It looked like a good time. I drove by like 2x I think. My mom stopped by with our dog and said she looked at the moon with you guys. She thought the telescope was awesome and wants to get one now.

That was your Mom? She was really nice! That was just a few minutes before I left. . Yes, you should have stopped by.

Gerania