Picnic

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice to see some new editions. Aserdaten will have a busy day. He should get a party gift for traveling the farthest to get there :)

Do you have a tripod Bob? I will bring my little one anyway so we can get a group shot.

And Strom we all want to hear you say PRESS ON! Try to make it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BobM said:
If anyone is out there I need a small jar of relish too.........

I will get that also Bob. I will add it to my list.

Guy

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
TeeGate said:
Do you have a tripod Bob? I will bring my little one anyway so we can get a group shot.

Guy

Unfortunately I have to go to a wedding today.
Guy, I will leave an adjustable height tripod on my porch this morning.
I know I might be a little out of your way but if you need it come get it and drop it on the porch whenever you are around again.
Scott

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
RednekF350 said:
Unfortunately I have to go to a wedding today.
Guy, I will leave an adjustable height tripod on my porch this morning.
I know I might be a little out of your way but if you need it come get it and drop it on the porch whenever you are around again.
Scott

Scott,

Thanks for the offer. I guess I should have been more specific..it is a full size tripod, just small.

Sorry to see you could not make it. I have quite a bit to discuss with you. We will hook up in Atco one day.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Here is a quick review of the day.

The picnic was at an undisclosed location so that anyone who wanted to drink could do it without fear of retribution, so the two photo's I took I will not be posting :)

In attendance was Dave (Aserdaten) from Ormond Beach Florida who flew in just for the occasion :) It was great meeting him and seeing the two books he brought with him.

Also there was Gillian (Gerania) who came right after me and joined in on the conversations like we knew her for years. It was great having her there and as I said before I am almost always impressed with females who find exploring the pines fun.

Jeff (Woodjin) was there and as usual it is always nice to have him around. He can hold a conversation with the best of them.

Banjo came with his girlfriend who brought the best chocolate cake you could ever eat. If you were at the Harrisville outing you may remember Banjo from there.

And Ben and Laura was there, with Ben being the webmaster of this site :) We had some interesting conversations with them as usual.

Bob cooked up the dogs and burgers, and even cooked up the chicken after some discussion on the safety of how he was cooking them. In the end Bob shined and the chicken didn't last long.

After we ate we even took a hike down to a nearby dam. At this point Jessica and I decided we had to leave and said out goodbyes to everyone and headed home.

A very nice day! Bob, I want to thank you for putting it all together, and hopefully we can do it again next year.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I forgot to mention that late in the evening Tom Gagliardi stopped in. He was able to eat before we headed to the dam.

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
I enjoyed it. The time went by super fast. I want to thank all of you for bringing the food and drinks. Guy, that watermelon you left is super sweet, seedless, and juicy, thanks.

Next time I'll sit back and let someone else organize it. Everyone seemed to be very relaxed, I wished I could have sat with you all more.

Banjo, I have your chairs in the garage. We'll hook up after your honeymoon.

bob

PS; no problem with photos on my end Guy. The gathering was at my house.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
There is a really nice beach by my house with picnic tables and a charcoal grill of the type you'd find at a campground. Next year we can have it here.

Of course it's not in the pines, but hey at least we'll all be together.

Gerania

Explorer
May 18, 2004
Marlton
I had a great time! It was really nice to finally meet some of the board members. Thanks, Bob, for all of the work that you put into planning and hosting the event.

Interesting Pine Barrens related conversation flowed from afternoon into evening : fishing, why we explore, favorite and elusive places, Beck.

And then there were the other conversations, a few rather amusing, like my public interrogation of Bob about his chicken grilling skills, since Guy brought it up. :eek: For the rest of them, well, you just had to be there.

I enjoyed going over to the dam especially since I'd never been there before.

After sunset, Banjo brought out his telescope and showed the remainder of the group a few of the wonders of the heavens.

Gillian

Banjo

Scout
Apr 17, 2005
S.W. Missouri
Bob, thanks for having us over, we had a great time. Jo was getting a bit anxious to get home, and we forgot the chairs. It was great seeing everyone and meeting a few new people.

The bright star near the moon was not Aldeberon as I first thought it was, but Antares, in Scorpio. The next new moon is I believe Oct 4th. So perhaps that would be a good time to head to the spot that was mentioned.