Pics from Hancock House

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Me and the family went to check out the Hancock House house today and I thought I'd share some pics...hope you enjoy them.

Paul

Dsc02063.jpg

Dsc02049.jpg

Dsc02050.jpg

Dsc02065.jpg

Dsc02066.jpg

Dsc02068-1.jpg

Dsc02054.jpg

Dsc02059.jpg

Dsc02081.jpg

Dsc02077.jpg

Dsc02083.jpg

Me and the family went to check out the Hancock House house today and I thought I'd share some pics...hope you enjoy them.

Dsc02081.jpg

Wow--almost 230 years later, and the British still win the massacre with a final score of 10-4. What a revoltin' development this is!! :) :) :)

Best regards and with a warped sense of humor,
Jerseyman

P.S. Nice photos, YETI; I always enjoy images of the boys in full reenactment garb! Oh, and the pattern brick at the Hancock House is second to none!!

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
I am curious as to how one maintianed any sort of accuracy with the cannon perched on the bow of the boat.

Nice pics.

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
Wow--almost 230 years later, and the British still win the massacre with a final score of 10-4. What a revoltin' development this is!! :) :) :)

Best regards and with a warped sense of humor,
Jerseyman

P.S. Nice photos, YETI; I always enjoy images of the boys in full reenactment garb! Oh, and the pattern brick at the Hancock House is second to none!!

Jerseyman, with a warped sense of humor myself, I'd have to say that the militia could be the beginning of a local Philly sports team.:rofl:

On a more serious note I also enjoy the reenactments and more importantly so did the family. It was worth the hour and ten minute ride there and hour and fifty minute drive back home 'cause we thought it would be fun to get lost.:bang:

Furball1

Explorer
Dec 11, 2005
Florida
A man after my own heart

It is VERY refreshing to me that someone ACTUALLY takes his/her family out to a historic re-enactment as opposed to camping out in front of the TV or going to the mall. My wife and I did the very same thing in the 80's and 90's--Fredericksburg, Mt. Vernon, Monticello, Lancaster, Red Bank, Wildlife refuges, the Pine Barrens, Island Beach State Park, Heislerville light (annually in the Fall, for the butterfly migration)---these were some of the places we visited--and now that they are grown they tell me they have very fond memories of those places and have a sense of pride and history--they know who they are, and those who preceded them. History and natural places are so important. Cudos to you, Yeti!

YETI

Scout
Mar 11, 2007
Berlin
For anyone interested in visiting the Hancock House and not sure how to get there, it's easy. When you enter Salem County, simply follow the evacuation signs in the direction of the GIANT smoke stack off in the distance!!!! It's such a beautiful area, it's a shame to have that smoke stack as a back drop.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
For anyone interested in visiting the Hancock House and not sure how to get there, it's easy. When you enter Salem County, simply follow the evacuation signs in the direction of the GIANT smoke stack off in the distance!!!! It's such a beautiful area, it's ashame too have that smoke stack as a back drop.

bobpbx can relate. :)