Pine Barrens book list

B

BarryC

I just finished updating my book list for my group. It is sent automatically to new members. Many, many books have been added to the list and it's been broken down into groups. I don't know where to put it on this site, so I'll just say, if anyone wants a copy, I'll email it to you. It's a 35k Word document. This list includes booklets also.
Barry

Oh great, now I'll have an even better idea where to spend money I don't have... :p

But in all seriousness, I love the book list. The books I can't find may drive me crazy (I've got about half of them, or did, now I've got more work to do), but I've yet to read a book on the list that wasn't quality...

Well, except maybe "The Pines" by Robert Dunbar, but that was great for different reasons :D

B

bach2yoga

I was just on ABEbooks.com and found 2 copies of Witmer Stone-one was almost $500 and another almost $600. One of the Sinton books I picked up for $35 is $95.
I should start selling books....anyone want my second Witmer copy? Kidding...my books are worth more than me, lol!
Renee

B

bach2yoga

You know, I spent $120 on the second edition and later got the first edition for $35!
Books are one thing I love to splurge on.
Witmer is wonderful-he mixes science and poetry in such a wonderful way. His stories about the cranberry plant and the curly grass fern are so colorful. He gives the plant a poetic cultural background.
Renee

B

bach2yoga

Barry,
I mentioned this on your group as well--one important book you forgot was

Ongs Hat: The Beginning.

It's not a fantasy or sci fi. It's about the governmental conspiracy that has covered up the
reality of not only Montauk but Ongs Hat. See, what ya'll don't know, is that Ongs Hat is a vortex into
an alternate interdimensional reality, a critical juncture in time
and space, and the nexus of a vast, uncountable quanta of
probability matrices joining at the confluence of those temporal
streams called past, present and future.

There are papers that prove all of this--The Incunabla Documents,
which mysteriously disappear when they are posted online.There have
been murders in attempt to cover up this conspiracy--the government
will not let the knowledge escape that Ongs Hat is a vortex in
synchronicity that exceeds Montauk's grids. For, "while Montauk's
Phoenix Project employed an assortment of deranged dorks (Aryanist,
pedophile, woman-hating, military/intelligence operatives along with
their totally uncool ET allies), the Ong's Hat posse embraced a
colorful array of maverick misfits...This rag-tag group built
the "Egg" - a glistening Faberge-like device that enabled trans-
dimensional travel into unpopulated mirror worlds" Joseph Matheny
explores and divulges information concerning the "Ong's Hat" Ashram
in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey. Legend has it that this Ashram
was made up of renegade physicists who had perfected a method of
dimensional travel. According to some threads of the legend, this
Ashram was routed by unidentified military forces sometime in the
seventies... .

http://www.marsearthconnection.com/ong.html

http://www.historyamericas.com/Ongs_Hat_The_Beginning_096781622X.html

I hope all of you understand the importance of Ong's Hat now.

Crikey. ;)

Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Is this a new book? Didn't we discuss before about a high school project about Ong's Hat? It seems to me that it had something to do with making up stories about the place.

Guy

B

bach2yoga

It's not a new book, no. Montauk conspiracy theories have been around for a while, it's a spin off.
This guy is an adult. I do remember something about a high school project, that was a website if I remember correctly. It's probably the website I referenced. But there is a published book about all of the government conspiracy surrounding Ongs Hat. :rolleyes: I asked my sister about it--her husband was into the Montauk stuff for a while--and he is familiar with it. The book is available through ABE books.
Renee

TeeGate said:
Is this a new book? Didn't we discuss before about a high school project about Ong's Hat? It seems to me that it had something to do with making up stories about the place.

Guy

I had found a web site some time ago that was about Ong's Hat. The auther called it Aglaura and described it as having mall, library,etc., etc. Strange stuff.

Steve

B

bach2yoga

BEHR655 said:
TeeGate said:

Guy

I had found a web site some time ago that was about Ong's Hat. The auther called it Aglaura and described it as having mall, library,etc., etc. Strange stuff.

Steve

I remember it! Interestingly, it's not there anymore.
It wasn't at all the same stuff if I remember correctly (which I may not!) but strange nonetheless.

Renee

B

bach2yoga

Maybe the website has been transported into an alternate reality mirror world.

renee

B

bach2yoga

MikeBickerson said:
CAN YOU NOT SEE!? THE GOVERNMENT HAS TAKEN THE WEBSITE DOWN THAT WE MAY NOT KNOW THE TRUTH!!!

Actually, a friend of mine tried to explain the whole Ong's Hat dimensional thing to me years ago, it just confused me. He's a little strange...

laughs, like the Incab whatever papers, yes?

Sounds like you know my BIL.... :)

Renee

B

bach2yoga

It sure sounds like fiction to me! But there are whackos that believe in Montauk---I know some.

irishman

Scout
Mar 30, 2004
I did an internet search for Ong's Hat, among other things, after reading John McPhee's book for about the hundreth time. Mixed in with the general knowledge and hostorical sites was one that detailed the incunabla papers and the whole time space dimensional travel deal, interesting reading anyway. Sitting at work bores outta me skull one day I tried to find it again, it is gone, no trace of it, weird. i would like to find Ong's Hat though, i recently picked up the first volume of Forgotten Towns of Southern Jersey and was reminded of it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Brian

B

bach2yoga

I can read Greek, ha ha. Had six semesters in college and four of Hebrew. And Latin and French too. :p

Do you know where four mile circle is?
Renee

B

BarryC

You need my Pine Barrens book list. There are all kinds of things you can find in the books about the Pines. There are more than you would think.
Barry
irishman said:
I did an internet search for Ong's Hat, among other things, after reading John McPhee's book for about the hundreth time. Mixed in with the general knowledge and hostorical sites was one that detailed the incunabla papers and the whole time space dimensional travel deal, interesting reading anyway. Sitting at work bores outta me skull one day I tried to find it again, it is gone, no trace of it, weird. i would like to find Ong's Hat though, i recently picked up the first volume of Forgotten Towns of Southern Jersey and was reminded of it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Brian