Pineland Commission approves pipeline

Tony

Scout
Jul 30, 2015
Folsom
I know a lot of people are against the pipeline but it a done deal. And the Dakota pipeline will be a done deal
Once Trump is in offfice.

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
I know a lot of people are against the pipeline but it a done deal. And the Dakota pipeline will be a done deal
Once Trump is in offfice.
The contracts run out the day of inauguration, doubtful that Trump can make a difference in that case. The pipeline in the pinelands cannot begin any drilling until it is brought back for a commission vote, where it was twice rejected before. I don't think you fully understand the situation.

Diablo2424

Scout
Sep 1, 2016
Shore
www.instagram.com
Personally I don' t think you can compare the DAPL and this NG pipeline in NJ. One is crude oil and one in NG.

I am all for alternative fuels, specifically hydrogen power, as solar and wind aren't feasible with current technology (we get very little power out of a lot of used up space for ugly panels/turbines). Hydrogen will ALWAYS be available, as long as human life is sustainable. As for Natural Gas, I'm not totally against the proposed route that I saw in maps earlier in the thread. It doesn't look to go through any untouched, civilian accessible part of the pine barrens (unless I'm missing something, if so, please correct me). If the military base is okay with the pipeline running through their property, than that's their problem if it were to leak. Again, it's natural gas, not crude oil, I'm not as opposed to this pipeline, if it's needed/necessary for us one Oyster Creek shuts down.

EDIT: However, if the approval process happened by circumventing the appropriate authorities due to crooked government workers, then THAT I have a problem with.

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
Personally I don' t think you can compare the DAPL and this NG pipeline in NJ. One is crude oil and one in NG.

I am all for alternative fuels, specifically hydrogen power, as solar and wind aren't feasible with current technology (we get very little power out of a lot of used up space for ugly panels/turbines). Hydrogen will ALWAYS be available, as long as human life is sustainable. As for Natural Gas, I'm not totally against the proposed route that I saw in maps earlier in the thread. It doesn't look to go through any untouched, civilian accessible part of the pine barrens (unless I'm missing something, if so, please correct me). If the military base is okay with the pipeline running through their property, than that's their problem if it were to leak. Again, it's natural gas, not crude oil, I'm not as opposed to this pipeline, if it's needed/necessary for us one Oyster Creek shuts down.

EDIT: However, if the approval process happened by circumventing the appropriate authorities due to crooked government workers, then THAT I have a problem with.
Exactly, it's about the stacking of the commission and rendering it's authority obsolete. The pipeline being built marks the beginning of the end of the Pinelands national reserve.

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel

By the way, Germany just passed an entire year using only sustainable natural resources to sustain their nation. Excepting private use of vehicles, they used only solar, wind, geothermal, and hydroelectric power. Apple computer company stored so much solar energy that they had to sell the excess power they stored. It is possible to survive without fossil fuels and we need to switch soon.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
By the way, Germany just passed an entire year using only sustainable natural resources to sustain their nation.

Where did you get those stats?

They are not quite accurate. In 2015, renewable's met almost 33% of their gross electric consumption. On one day they did meet over 95%, but that was one day. Their plan calls for a 60% cut over in 2050, so they have a long expensive way to go, if they get there at all.

Just one of many reports on their plan.

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...onomy-has-his-work-cut-out-sunny-windy-costly

Reactions: Diablo2424

Jason Bladzinski

Explorer
Feb 15, 2014
Avenel
OK, my apologies
Where did you get those stats?

They are not quite accurate. In 2015, renewable's met almost 33% of their gross electric consumption. On one day they did meet over 95%, but that was one day. Their plan calls for a 60% cut over in 2050, so they have a long expensive way to go, if they get there at all.

Just one of many reports on their plan.

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...onomy-has-his-work-cut-out-sunny-windy-costly
OK my apologies, I probably heard it wrong as reported by the young turks, I am probably guilty of that common human problem of memory.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The southern pipeline is supposed to run underneath Cumberland Pond, not sure what that will look / what the effects will be when they lay down the pipe, if anything ruptures, and if they need to do repairs.
I haven't heard of this southern pipeline.Do you have a map or description of the route? Manumuskin is one of the two streams in NJ with virtually pristine water quality.I"d like evry much to see the route of this pipeline.

Reactions: Jason Bladzinski

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
The southern pipeline is supposed to run underneath Cumberland Pond, not sure what that will look / what the effects will be when they lay down the pipe, if anything ruptures, and if they need to do repairs.
Thought the new plan was run down 49 to rt 50 horizontal drill under streams

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I haven't heard of this southern pipeline.Do you have a map or description of the route?

It has been discussed pretty extensively here… it was so long ago, I was still a member of the PPA, LOL ;)

From 2013: https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/plan-to-put-gas-pipeline-in-pinelands-spurs-ire.9402/

Here is the presentation linked to in that thread: http://www.state.nj.us/pinelands/images/pdf files/SJG_Pinelands_Presentation_2013_09_27_final.pdf

routeA.png

drill.png

Thought the new plan was run down 49 to rt 50 horizontal drill under streams

I don't think that's a "new plan", is it? It is one of three different options they originally considered.

ABC.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Piney4life

Piney4life

Explorer
Oct 8, 2015
Waterford
It has been discussed pretty extensively here… it was so long ago, I was still a member of the PPA, LOL ;)

From 2013: https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/plan-to-put-gas-pipeline-in-pinelands-spurs-ire.9402/

Here is the presentation linked to in that thread: http://www.state.nj.us/pinelands/images/pdf files/SJG_Pinelands_Presentation_2013_09_27_final.pdf

I don't think that's a "new plan", is it? It is one of three different options they originally considered.

View attachment 8436

View attachment 8435
The yellow line is a existing pipeline i seen that one last week.looks like they want to tie in to the 20 inch line already there.