Pines Findings

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Bottle

I am not a huge glass freak but that bottle is pretty cool Ed!
So funny it was just there staring out at you while others missed it.
Thanks for the look.

g.

Mts83

Explorer
Oct 24, 2008
Sourland Mountains
www.wtfda.info
Cool finds...

As for the insulator house, yup it's still there. Right on Jimme Leeds Rd near Stockton. I seem to recall there was an article in the press some years ago saying the insulators came from the old lines along the AC railroad line nearby.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Found this today.

IMG_3130.JPG

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Have you ever enjoyed one of these? The horse heads are great. I know they still make pony bottles, the Pic has 5 for $5.00 in a bucket of ice, but not with this design.

I learned to like Rolling Rock when I lived in Pittsburgh. :)

There was quite a stir a few years ago when the company was sold and brewing was moved out of Latrobe PA to someplace like Newark NJ. I gather that the workers in Latrobe started their own brand which is now doing well. Maybe somebody else knows more about this?

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
That's funny, Guy. I went by that thing yesterday and grabbed a pic, although neither I nor my friend Jack cared to sit on it. Did you see the unusual, yet semantically related, tree ornament just a little further south on the east side of the road?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That's funny, Guy. I went by that thing yesterday and grabbed a pic, although neither I nor my friend Jack cared to sit on it. Did you see the unusual, yet semantically related, tree ornament just a little further south on the east side of the road?

Yea, a portion of a motorcycle in a tree. I was going to photograph that but Jessica tried to ride the car.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
You can't see it but the wheel is missing. She won't get far. The motorcycle in the tree may have been a better choice.

Guy

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
While hiking on/around Goodwater Rd today, I found this old truck cab on a dead end path. It had to have been there for years; it is in very bad condition. Not far away, across the path was a tire buried in the brush. I'm thinking they probably arrived together.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Nice find! If that was a car from today you would find plastic all over.

Guy

Broke Jeep Joe

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Waterford Twp
Wow Pine Baron, you must have been right behind or in front of me on this one, I was getting ready to load the pics and read your post on the truck cab. I also found some clear, flat glass in the trail that did not appear to be from a bottle, missed the tire though.

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
It's a shame we didn't run into each other, Joe. The woods were pretty quiet around there. I only saw one other truck (parked). But, it was Tuesday, after all. I saw that glass also, but wasn't happy with the pic, so I didn't post it.