Pines Findings

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I learned to like Rolling Rock when I lived in Pittsburgh. :)

There was quite a stir a few years ago when the company was sold and brewing was moved out of Latrobe PA to someplace like Newark NJ. I gather that the workers in Latrobe started their own brand which is now doing well. Maybe somebody else knows more about this?

Its a long story. Short version; Latrobe was bought by Canadian Labatt, Labatt was bought by Belgian Interbrew, that merged with InBev in '04. Then in '06 the RR brand was sold to Anhauser-Busch and production moved to Newark, then City Brewing showed interest in the old Latrobe plant until the Latrobe brewing plant finally shut down in '06. City Brewing finally bought the plant and produced Sam Adams there. That ended in '08. This year Iron City Brewing began talks with City Brewing to restart operations, which it did producing the Iron City brand. In the mean time, Inbev acquired Anhauser-Busch in '08 returning RR to its previous owner. Rumor has it this year that Anhauser-Busch may be putting the RR brand, which they own, up for sale. :guinness:

cranbrake

Scout
Jun 3, 2009
one of my most bizzare/memorable findings(of things i was not seeking) was during my first visit to the pines;first i noticed a bra on the ground,couple steps later was matching panties,then next to that was a crackpipe.....i just had to laugh,what a first impression,lol

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
Still smiling...

4481859729_9156f7dd26.jpg

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
While hiking in NW Wharton this weekend, we came across this nice homage to a departed friend.

Bonnie.JPG

Not sure if this is legal, but it's a nice sentiment.

John-

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wow! That is a nice stone. I bet that cost some money. Was it easily accessible?

Guy

Pine Baron

Explorer
Feb 23, 2008
Sandy Run
It was about 35-40 feet off the main path. Open ground. I was thinking the same thing... $$$. They must have really loved their pet. The wood cross was in pretty good shape for being 14 years old, unless it was replaced.

John-