Poor Peggy Clevenger: Murder or Just an Accident?

Jerseyman,

The information in your post is excellent. Well done!

Now don't take this the wrong way ...... I have issues with the accuracy of the map if it is North up. I have found many of the survey's from that era quite accurate and full of interesting information, and the Cox survey's are no exception. He clearly states the location of her home and that map is quite a ways off. Owens Hill basically is the sand mine at Woodmansie and that map shows her home west of it. That would put her home in the middle of Lebanon which is not accurate.

One day you and I need to meet out there and we can discuss this in more detail.

Guy

Guy:

No umbrage taken and you are correct: north is not straight up on the 1849 map. I do not have the map currently in front of me, but my recollection is that north is somewhere between 30 and 40 degrees or more counter-clockwise feom zero degrees on this map. Let me know when you want to meet up out there.

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Jerseyman,

The information in your post is excellent. Well done!

Now don't take this the wrong way ...... I have issues with the accuracy of the map if it is North up. I have found many of the survey's from that era quite accurate and full of interesting information, and the Cox survey's are no exception. He clearly states the location of her home and that map is quite a ways off. Owens Hill basically is the sand mine at Woodmansie and that map shows her home west of it. That would put her home in the middle of Lebanon which is not accurate.

One day you and I need to meet out there and we can discuss this in more detail.

Guy

Guy:

Here is the compass rose from the 1849 map. As you can see, the map is tilted considerably westward from due north:

1849_Map_Compass_Rose.jpg

Best regards,
Jerseyman

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks Jerseyman. You map is accurate :dance::D

Ben, welcome to the club :bang:

Guy