dix.png

Reactions: RednekF350

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
That makes sense Bob. And it still looks a lot like July down here, the only "fall color" I've seen is in people's yards. Kind of nice for a change actually.

BTW, today was one of those forecasts that Bob will appreciate. At 8:00AM it was 66 degrees and the forecast said sunny in the afternoon with a high of 74. By 11:00AM the temperature actually dropped to 64 degrees and held steady all day. We haven't seen the sun yet as of 3:00PM. :)

Reactions: bobpbx

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
KDOX has been down for over a week, which isn't unusual.

The Dover AFB radar is still down, it's been at least two weeks now. Quite an outage... apparently radar parts can't be ordered on Amazon with overnight delivery.... ;)

https://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=dox&product=FTM

FTMDOX
Message Date: Oct 01 2018 18:06:31

parts to repair the radar are backordered. Current estimates for parts availability is 7 weeks.
Technicians are assesing the broken part to see if it is possible to repair the broken part onsite.
Estimated return to service is 11/19/2018. This message will be updated if parts become available sooner.

Diablo2424

Scout
Sep 1, 2016
Shore
www.instagram.com
Chllly? Which forecast do you have? I still have the AC on, mostly because of the humidity, but the days still have been hot.

Sorry, should have specified, the days yes, but late at night it has been getting to the low 60's/high 50's, which is a tad chilly to me. Throw a pullover hoodie on and you're good, but it's still not t-shirt and shorts at midnight, lol.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Was out in the woods last night until pretty late and it was still rather warm and humid, but not unpleasant. It was a nice 63 degrees at 7:00 AM this morning. Worked hard on an outdoor project during the day and got hot and sweaty but still enjoyed it.

Wonder what the winter will hold in store? Last year I burned two cords of firewood instead of the usual one cord. Got two cords delivered a couple weeks ago and just finished stacking it on the porch (phew!) so I'm ready for whatever comes. :)

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
May be in for some heavy rains from Michael.

Gary Szatkowski‏ @GarySzatkowski 3m3 minutes ago

For our region, main impact looks like significant rainfall possible. May get some gale force wind gusts as well. Current timing would be Thursday afternoon into Friday morning. Monitor for forecast updates.pic.twitter.com/QIOJ9CROvB

Do_GDxCVAAADM6k.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Perhaps it won't be so bad for us? Current forecast shows the bad part off the coast now.

forecast.png

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Mount Holly NJ
356 AM EDT Tue Oct 9 2018

[.....]

A strong cold front will move through the region late Thursday into
early Friday, which will interact with Hurricane Michael which will
be weaker as it tracks south of our area. There is a chance that some
of the rain is heavy enough to result in localized flooding.