RAIN?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thunder and Lightning picking up here. Getting close.

We just got another 2 inches of rain here in Cumberland County.

Right now drought sounds good to me, as long as it's not 90 degrees.
I'm getting water in the basement when we get heavy rain because the gutter on that side of the house was installed by idiots who didn't pitch it enough. Heavy rain pours over edge of gutter instead of all flowing into the downspout. Correct pitch will require moving the security light so I can re-hang the gutter. Not a fun summer project. Maybe I can pry myself up early enough in a.m. to do this before sun hits that side of the house. (I am NOT a morning person)

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek

Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 8.59.43 AM.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Looks like most of the Pines will get from one to two inches of rain, but part of Salem/Cumberland Counties are in the two to four inch zone. My home is right at the Eastern edge of that area....

laura.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yea, it looks like we are in for an interesting evening.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jessica bought a really nice weather station so this will be our first event. We haven't calibrated the rain gauge but it said it should be correct.

Reactions: Boyd and MuckSavage

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Some "interesting" weather ahead....

"Some storms this afternoon and evening could be severe. The primary hazard is expected to be damaging winds."

"In the mid-Atlantic, there is a risk of severe storms Thursday, including for Philadelphia, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C. Tornadoes are possible, with the threat greatest in the corridor between Washington and Baltimore."

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Nothing much here either but the radar showed some pretty intense storms in PA/DE. Cooler weather is coming, down into the 50"s tonight. :dance:

Last edited:

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It rained in the night here. I woke up and had to close the window. Received .11 inches.