RAIN?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Since midnight last Saturday night we have had 3.05 inches of rain here.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
1635627785736.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, I only got about 1/2" here. Wind wasn't too bad, lights flickered but stayed on. This morning, CNN was reporting 70 MPH wind gusts in Tuckerton and 60 in Atlantic City. I doubt if it ever went over 40 at my home.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ended sometime between 9:00 and 9:30 here, I was immersed in javascript code, hoping the power would stay on. Then all of a sudden, the wind just stopped, like a switch was turned off.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
We are supposed to get between 1/4" to 3/4" of rain through tonight. Interestingly, we are not part of the freezing rain advisory area however.

Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 10.09.44 AM.png

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
We could get over an inch of rain from Thursday night through Friday. With temperatures in the 40's and 50's, that should wash away what's left of this snow! :dance:

Thursday Night: Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wildland937

Scout
Aug 24, 2016
New Germany
Thats not the only thing that may wash away. If something is not done with some of the over abundance of beavers blocking up culverts your going to see roads washed away. With the combination of snowpack, frozen ground and blocked pipes embankments are not going to be able to handle an inch of rain. Especially at Beaver Dam Lake...hopefully parks was able to open the pipes!

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
57 degrees here and raining. Looking out into the woods, I don't see a single patch of white, just a few small ones in the yard where I shovelled some snow. :)

Wick

Explorer
Mar 6, 2016
Forked River
Just got home from out in Cream Ridge drove down 539 and Lacey Road to Forked River. All the lawns and wires has a coating of snow on them. 26 in Cream Ridge and 30 in Forked River. Roads had a light coating in most places too.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Thursday Night:
Rain, mainly after 10pm. Low around 53. Breezy, with a south wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Some wet weather may be coming our way...

Tonight: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Thursday: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
[edit]They have made a few changes to tonight's forecast. For the Pines, the only change is that the storm should arrive at 10:00PM instead of 8:00PM, but areas in PA and Northern NJ now have an "enhanced" risk.

Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 5.55.04 PM.png

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Looks like a we might get a lot of rain tonight into tomorrow.

Tonight: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Wednesday: Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Thursday: Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 7.00.25 PM.png

But the current radar doesn't really show what they had forecast for 7:00 PM.

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 7.04.07 PM.png

Last edited:

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Looks like we are headed for a rainy weekend...

Friday: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Friday Night: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
Saturday: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Sunday: Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

I chose a point around the middle of Wharton to get that forecast. However, the forecast for my home in Atlantic County (~30 miles South of there) is quite different. Either way, we might get as much as three inches of rain by the time it's over.

Friday: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Friday Night: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
Saturday: Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
Saturday Night: Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Sunday: Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.