Rattlesnake kiss lands man in hospital

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
YACOLT, Washington (AP) -- A man who was showing off for friends by kissing his new rattlesnake was bitten on the lip and nearly died.

Matt George, 21, was hospitalized in critical condition after the Sunday incident. By Tuesday, his condition had been upgraded to serious.

George had caught the rattlesnake on a recent trip to Arizona. Holding the 2-foot snake behind the head, he kissed it in front of his friends.

"I said, `OK, man, you're being stupid, put it away,"' recalled Jim Roban. "He said, `It's OK, I do it all the time."'

After the second kiss, the snake bit him under his mustache. He dropped the snake on the kitchen floor, and Roban killed it with his cowboy boot.

As they waited for an ambulance to arrive at George's home, his face began to swell.

"He said, `I'm going to die,"' Roban said. "I said, `No, you're not going to die, just calm down and relax."'

Sheriff's Deputy Steven Johnson said he watched in the ambulance as George became limp and his eyes rolled back in his head. George was flown by helicopter to a hospital in Portland, Oregon. :roll: :crazy:

B

bach2yoga

Makes ya wonder who's smarter, the man or the snake, huh?:roll:

Renee

J

JeffD

A kiss is but a kiss
A hiss is but a hiss
from a snake you just may die
In remembering this
I wonder why?

Do you remember when?
Would you kiss that rattlesnake again?
What would you opine?
In remembering this
I wonder why?

Do you remember Darwin?
Was that snake one of your kin?
or a lover from a former life?
In any case the snake was pissed
I wonder why?

Did you see it on Disney?
Where animals talk freely
And go out to restaurants to dine?
In remembering this
I wonder why?

J

JeffD

OK, Ben. On other boards where I post, I reference the original song. I noticed that others on the karaoke topic (Pig Farm Blues) didn't so I thought maybe that this was the consensus of the participants. The parody is of a song I've heard in an old Humprey Bogart movie. I think the song, and the movie, is called AS TIME GOES BY. Or at least the song is called AS TIME GOES BY. "A kiss is but a kiss" is a straight line from the ancient song.

B

bach2yoga

bruset said:
I'm just bad with the song names, unless you're parodying Yes, Jethro Tull, Pete Townshend, the Who, or some more modern stuff that I know you're not listening to. :)

Wow, 20 years ago is still modern in music? (I especially like Jethro Tull!) I feel much younger, thanks! :D
And I thought it was just Jack Johnson, the Flaming Lips, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Default that were "modern"...but I guess now there is a difference between classic rock (which are considered oldies!), pop rock, adult rock...
speaking of Jack Johnson, Jeff-- you'd like his CD "Brushfire Fairytales". (ha!)

Renee

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Well, when I meant "modern" stuff I meant stuff written within the last few years. I wasn't trying to lump Tull/Yes/etc. in with it.

I have a very broad range of musical tastes. I can go from classical to Jazz to modern rock to classic rock and back without batting an eye.

I only like a few Chili Peppers songs. Their songs all sound the same to me. I've been spending the last few days with my "Totally 80s" cd's. :)

bach2yoga said:
bruset said:
I'm just bad with the song names, unless you're parodying Yes, Jethro Tull, Pete Townshend, the Who, or some more modern stuff that I know you're not listening to. :)

Wow, 20 years ago is still modern in music? (I especially like Jethro Tull!) I feel much younger, thanks! :D
And I thought it was just Jack Johnson, the Flaming Lips, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Default that were "modern"...but I guess now there is a difference between classic rock (which are considered oldies!), pop rock, adult rock...
speaking of Jack Johnson, Jeff-- you'd like his CD "Brushfire Fairytales". (ha!)

Renee

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Jeff,

Ben may be like my kids and never watch a movie because it is in B&W. Hopefully that is not the case.

Jeff, I recognized that song instantly. That must make me old.... Nice job.

On a separate note ...... It is nice to take a half day off on Fridays. I just have to figure out how to do it every day.

Guy

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
TeeGate said:
Jeff,

Ben may be like my kids and never watch a movie because it is in B&W. Hopefully that is not the case.

WHAT?

kane.jpeg

My favorite movie!!!

B

bach2yoga

>Well, when I meant "modern" stuff I meant stuff written within the last few years. I wasn't trying to lump Tull/Yes/etc. in with it.

>I have a very broad range of musical tastes. I can go from classical to Jazz to modern rock to classic rock and back without batting an eye.

I know what you mean...I just got back from a jazz and fusion concert with the kids, JBJ (James Bradley Jr--drummer for Crazytown, Chuck Mangione, etc.) and George Genna and his jazz trio (George has played piano for Sammy Davis Jr and Frank Sinatra).

>I only like a few Chili Peppers songs. Their songs all sound the same to me. I've been spending the last few days with my "Totally 80s" cd's. :)

Wait til you have kids, then it will be kid-bop CD's. :lol:

Renee

B

bach2yoga

... oh please, no!!!

When I start looking at Minivans and thinking that they're cool, then I know it's time to have kids. Until then I'll take my Jeep or a nice sports car.[/quote]

:lol: I'm teasing! My kids have gone to jazz concerts, musicals, kids operas, and and to see the Philadelphia orchestra (we've learned to avoid the high-speed line, though, Kristen gets sick on it every time!)...it just depends on how you bring them up. They've even been to see Handel's Messiah. But we play it by ear (get it? ha!), we don't always stay the whole time.

but I agree, I don't think I ever want a minivan either...though the thought of a tv and vcr in it to keep the kids from arguing is sometimes tempting...but they would probably argue about whether to watch Sponge Bob or Scooby Doo, too...

oh, and your living room will become one massive advertisement for little tykes and fisher-price too, even if you do have a playroom, at least til they get older. and ya might wanna hold off on those oriental rugs a while... :) we made the mistake of ralph lauren paint in a couple of rooms... it's textured and not washable...my sage green now has beautiful yellow crayon artwork, courtesy of Joseph, future Renoir. should have waited another 5 or 6 years first...i keep telling Joe he'll someday miss all of those little fingerprints I'm constantly cleaning, but he's not so sure. :lol:

J

JeffD

I guess you do watch B&W movies Ben. LOL.

I just lost a few lines. I hit a wrong key on this damn laptop and several lines disappeared! IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF WHEN I DO THAT!!!!!

Everyone won't recognize every tune, no matter what is is or where it is from, so I'll reference the original I use for a parody. That way, you can look it up on a site where you can download, or just listen to tunes, if you want. I, a technologically challenged, technophobic liberal arts type, can do it, I'm sure the rest of you can.

I have a broad range of tastes in music too. Of course, I'll just use some tunes that I happen to hear because it could be used as a parody. I like some classical, mainly baroque -- Bach, Vivalidi, Teleman -- and I like Beethoven. I played Beethoven's Fluer Elise for my daughter and eversince she occasionally plays it by ear. I like jazz, mainly beebop, cool, and swing. I don't like the more modern jazz, such as fusion. I love the earlier Miles Davis, but I find his later stuff too frantic. I like Miles' Blues by Five, which is a mixture of my favorites -- blues, beebop, and cool jazz. I love the Beach Boys and have thought about seeing them in concert in Trenton, but I don't like crowds. I think popular music took a nosedive starting in the 90's, although there was some junk even in the 60's. The only exceptions I can think of (for post 1990) are Cherl Crow and Tom Petty, both of whose songs I've used for parodies and I like. I mainly like everything about Chery Crow's songs but the words, which are generally frivilous. Rap, 90's hip-hop, heavy metal, and most post 80's black music I find abrasive. I love 60's soul, especially Wilson Picket. I like Little Richard, Chuck Berry, and most Motown. I love the Eagles, especially Neil Young. I also love America (the group). Rolling stones, Beatles, Elton, etc. etc. etc.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
JeffD said:
I love the Eagles, especially Neil Young. I also love America (the group). Rolling stones, Beatles, Elton, etc. etc. etc.

Jeff,

My wife likes the Eagles also. The kids and I hate it when she puts on their CD. I am a Neil Young fan so we do have similar tastes. I am NOT an America fan.

Guy

J

JeffD

I used to confuse American with the Eagles, as they seem to sound so much alike.

I forgot to mention I like Credence Clearwater Revival. They, as you said, are good for parodies about the Pine Barrens. I also think I forgot to mention I like rhythm & blues, that is, the old R&B, which sounds nothing like what is called R&B today. You know, Johnny Rivers, etc. Of course, some of this stuff I didn't hear and appreciate until I heard it on an oldies station as an adult.