Road Closures

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
When I started exploring the Pines 10 years old, there were old No Motor Access signs along Glossy Spung Rd on the roads leading toward the Batsto. So, historically, motor vehicles weren't permitted on those roads for a long time.

Jon Holcombe

Explorer
Dec 1, 2015
Medford
So, historically, motor vehicles weren't permitted on those roads for a long time.

When I started driving down those roads a few years back, I looked for the "No Motor Vehicles" sign and did not see them on those roads. Maybe they were so old they were unreadable. I remember seeing what I thought was the white "State Forest" signs, but do not remember seeing signs prohibiting motor vehicles. I'll look again at the entrance of those roads.

Rooftree

Explorer
Mar 24, 2017
Haddon Township
Not very road had a sign. Even 10 years ago, they were very old, and you had to look hard even to notice them. They were made out of wood and attached to trees. That's why I said, historically.

Reactions: Jon Holcombe

popeofthepines

Explorer
Mar 8, 2006
Atco
Well I found the trails are numbered along Washington turnpike. Not sure what this is about. Did anyone see these?
IMG_5601.jpg
IMG_5599.jpg
IMG_5597.jpg
IMG_5602.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That sure is ugly.

I wonder if it is to be able to identify a road when searching? Or someone just likes marking the roads as the person did with paw prints.