Sasquatch in the Pines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Buchler

Scout
Nov 5, 2011
So last MDW a friend and I had an "encounter" if you want to call it that. Now I know a lot of you pineys think this is dumb because eeeeverybody knows bigfoot isn't real....just like eeeeeveryone knew the earth was flat....so just here me out. I had been researching the whole bigfoot thing online for several months in my spare time. Finally, one night(may 28th) we decided to go out in the Pines and see what was up. Around 730 we hiked out of batsto along the batona until it got too dark to see and then we hopped off the trail and sat for another 30 minutes or so in total silence and with no lights. By that point we were a couple miles from batsto. After some time we did a few "wood knocks." Basically smacked a bat against a tree which makes a loud pop that can be heard over half mile away at night(i know because we've tested how far you can hear it on a still night). We did a double knock every 10 minutes. Then about 1 min after our 4th set of knocks something knocked back. It was only about 30 yrds away......and this was no woodpecker. Without a doubt this was the sound of wood cracking wood. So naturally I knocked back.......then about 1 min after that.....it sounded like something Slowly ripped a large branch from a tree and then threw it to the ground will some force. Now I know how dumb that sounds and how most people reading this are probably chuckling right now...you're welcome for the laughs lol. However, we have spent several night time hours out in the pines every week since(with no lights and no noise just like that night) and have not heard anything even remotely close to what we experienced that night....and Idk how many of you guys spend several hours walking thru the pines after dark with no flash lights, but let me tell you, you hear some weird shit out there....but that night stands out above the rest for us. I'm not trying to convince anyone of bigfoot in the pines because i know that won't happen....if anything I figure you'll get a kick out of this post. However, the reason I made this thread is to see if anyone has had any experiences in the pines that they think might be bigfoot related....so please share. If you would rather email me that works too gogit86@yahoo.com. and i know I'm wasting my breath here but please don't litter this thread with the obvious sarcastic comments/jokes that you're already thinking about posting lol.

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
Well Adam Just going to say 30 years ago My friends and I would wait in the woods for people like yourself. To scare them or repeat the noise they were making. It was fun to watch and listen to them carry on.Darkness plays with the human mind.Good luck

oji

Piney
Jan 25, 2008
Browns Mills
Go back in the daylight and look for tracks. If you find some that look like someone was wearing high heels.............................

Reactions: dogg57

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I Confess! it was Me! I used to be a street walker but the sand is so much easier on the knees.Problem is my heels sink in the sand and i trip.The sound you heard was my head hitting a tree and I ripped a limb off trying to regain my balance.
Alfreda

Reactions: Gibby and dogg57

Adam Buchler

Scout
Nov 5, 2011
lol i knew I could count on you guys to make constructive comments....and dogg there is absolutely no way this was another person...it was only 30 yrds aways..maybe less and like I said we sat there for 30 minutes or so in the dark just listening before we did any knocks. So I'm fairly confident that we would have heard someone approaching if it was in fact other people. I would be more open to your suggestion if we had heard knocking in the distance...but like I said it was right next to us. The tragedy of this whole thing is that I'm trying to "investigate" the bigfoot phenomenon in the pines but unfortunately I get associated with hillbillies and goofs like those that you see on TV trying to do the same thing. I'm trying to be as objective as possible about the whole thing. Out of all the nights I've spent out there in the past 6 months I have heard a lot of frightening/scary stuff but always attribute it to normal wildlife. Some of these guys on TV like to point at every broken branch and say "BIGFOOT DID THAT!" lol

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
lol i knew I could count on you guys to make constructive comments....and dogg there is absolutely no way this was another person...it was only 30 yrds aways..maybe less and like I said we sat there for 30 minutes or so in the dark just listening before we did any knocks. So I'm fairly confident that we would have heard someone approaching if it was in fact other people. I would be more open to your suggestion if we had heard knocking in the distance...but like I said it was right next to us. The tragedy of this whole thing is that I'm trying to "investigate" the bigfoot phenomenon in the pines but unfortunately I get associated with hillbillies and goofs like those that you see on TV trying to do the same thing. I'm trying to be as objective as possible about the whole thing. Out of all the nights I've spent out there in the past 6 months I have heard a lot of frightening/scary stuff but always attribute it to normal wildlife. Some of these guys on TV like to point at every broken branch and say "BIGFOOT DID THAT!" lol

you ain't got somethin agin hillbillies do ya?

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
I Confess! it was Me! I used to be a street walker but the sand is so much easier on the knees.Problem is my heels sink in the sand and i trip.The sound you heard was my head hitting a tree and I ripped a limb off trying to regain my balance.
Alfreda

When I saw these I just knew it had to be you Al :eek:

bigfoot.jpg

Reactions: dogg57

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
Wasn't there a sighting by Governors Pond? A creature eight feet tall taking refuge in a forest of pygmy pines. :confused: Manumuskin is the sand any softer over there?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
BTW, I have learned recently that there is an actual name for "governors pond" and it is not governors pond. The problem is I can't remember the name. I will ask again and post back.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
To be honest my memory is so poor I can't say if it is. I have an email out asking about it.

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
The topo names the creek that runs through it Governors creek and I guess the name for the pond came from that.I personally thought the named was quite bland for such a beautiful place.It does need another name.I'll have to pull out my Lenape dictionary again.

Status
Not open for further replies.