Coastal NJ
The current timeline.

iws3_430.jpg

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Time to get the bread, eggs and beer :rofl:

I just heard a weather guy say there may be 30 inches on the ground by Wednesday morning.

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Looks like it's... out with the tractor again for the sleds.
If the snow wants to get medieval on me, I just break out the BIG old Ford Diesel Backhoe.
There's a beast to pull a sled for every occasion up in my our collection.
Guess my Corvette's gonna get covered again. I should maybe put it in the shed sometime.
2011 sounds good.
Then again, let's just wait and see what cards we're dealt. Weather sure is a funny thing no?

g.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Sounds like another good Saturday for a warm tavern with some good grog on tap.
All followed by a sunny jaunt through a brisk, pines winterscape on Sunday.
Bring it on !!

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
More snow .........Can not wait. So We ask the experts how much snow will we get? Weather service says Snow. Moderate snow accumulation. Brisk with lows in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.:pigfly:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
More snow .........Can not wait. So We ask the experts how much snow will we get? Weather service says Snow. Moderate snow accumulation. Brisk with lows in the mid 20s. Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.

The planets must be in alignment. The NWS has come around with their guesscast. Its amusing to me how a liberal guvmint can have such conservative guesscasts :) They did however, forget to mention the gale watch for coastal waters they issued thru Saturday, winds to 47 kts, seas to 11 feet.

"THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER
STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
SATURDAY EVENING.

A STORM SYSTEM DEVELOPING OVER THE GULF OF MEXICO TODAY WILL PASS
OFF THE CAROLINA COAST FRIDAY NIGHT AND THEN CONTINUE TO THE
NORTHEAST ON SATURDAY. SNOW FROM THIS SYSTEM WILL OVERSPREAD THE
REGION FROM SOUTH TO NORTH FRIDAY AFTERNOON AND IT WILL CONTINUE
MUCH OF SATURDAY. SIGNIFICANT SNOW TOTALS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES WILL
OCCUR OVER THE WATCH AREA. HIGHER TOTALS ARE POSSIBLE ESPECIALLY
ACROSS THE DELMARVA REGION. STRENGTHENING WINDS ON SATURDAY MAY
CREATE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WHICH MAY CREATE
ADDITIONAL HAZARDS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...FRIDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

PLEASE LISTEN TO NOAA WEATHER RADIO OR GO TO WEATHER.GOV ON THE
INTERNET FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOLLOWING HAZARDS.

WINTER STORM WATCH.

A HIGH IMPACT WINTER WEATHER EVENT IS EXPECTED LATE FRIDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH SATURDAY. HEAVY SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS...CREATING BLOWING
AND DRIFTING SNOW...WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY.
SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 6 TO 12 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE WITH HIGHER
AMOUNTS OVER THE DELMARVA. TRAVEL WILL BE EXTREMELY DIFFICULT AT
THESE TIMES. PAY ATTENTION TO FUTURE FORECASTS AND STATEMENTS
REGARDING THIS WINTER STORM."

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Predictions from NWS as of 12:30PM, thursday.

PROBABILITY (PERCENT) OF REACHING OR EXCEEDINGTHE FOLLOWING STORM-TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS (INCHES)
2in 4in 6in 9in 12in
Philly 95 90 80 50 20
Atlantic City >95 95 85 70 40

Chrisr

Explorer
Sep 14, 2008
Cinnaminson, NJ
Sounds like another good Saturday for a warm tavern with some good grog on tap.
All followed by a sunny jaunt through a brisk, pines winterscape on Sunday.
Bring it on !!

I was gonna see how things played out, and if Sunday was good (clear roads) I was thinking of heading to the pines for some photo ops.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
From Alan Casper at NJ 101.5

http://alansnjweatherblog.blogspot.com/

We have a nightmare of a forecast challenge in front of us...because we're not exactly sure how far north the heaviest snow is going to be. It certainly is going to be south of 195...Ocean and Burlington counties on south. To cut right to the chase, 8-12 inches or even more is likely. Farther north...it's a little bit of a crap shoot to determine how much is going to fall. I'm going for 4 to 6 inches from Route 1 to Route 78...and lesser amounts in the far northern part of New Jersey. I want to point out that where I'm calling for 4 to 6...there could be double that if this storm shifts a little bit farther north. Same thing for far northern New Jersey. They could wind up with more than just 2 to 4 inches. Right now the bulls eye's in South Jersey.

It'll all be gone for Sunday, and we'll have another storm to possibly watch by the middle of next week. Stay tuned...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I don't want to dampen any excitement you guys have, but I don't get the disparity between weather reports. I mean, its not even close.

Hmm... Accuweather sells their product to TV and radio stations and gloom and doom make great sound bytes. They also want bragging rights to be the first to say "we told ya so". The NWS just calls it like they see it.

Guess we'll find out who's right soon enough, but from everything I'm reading I don't think we'll get off free this time - especially down South where I am....