Snow ??

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
I spent the week in Michigan, I started my job this week, but planned to fly home to NJ after work last night. Fortunately, I was able to take the day off yesterday and get an early flight into Philadelphia. If I hadn't done that, I'd have been stuck in Detroit for days.
We have about 8" so far here from my eyeball estimates.
Ten minutes ago:
IMG_8876.jpg

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The satellites show it is about to end where I am. Going out for the second time to snow blow.

Guy

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
A pretty heavy band is just settling in over my area now - snow is falling heavily. I am not going to try to clear anything until tomorrow here.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Just went outside for a few minutes. It was snowing pretty hard then, but is letting up now so maybe this is almost the end? I measured between 19 to 22 inches at a number of places out in the open. Wet, heavy stuff... will be a big job to clear this away.

snow0206.jpg

lakesgirl

Explorer
Jan 3, 2010
collings lakes
looks to be about done here. just a little more than flurries coming down. after all the shovelling my son showed up and tidied up my work with the snow blower....ended up with about 2-3 more inches before he got here. wonder how much we're going to get later this week?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
My wife knows someone with a web camera in their vehicle not far from Chester on I95 and we just watched the sun setting on it. We still see it right now.

Guy

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
I am looking forward to the first spring day in the 70's more and more!

Looks like another day of cold beer and a warm fire.

Chris

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
Just got in from plowing this wet white hell. What crap. My J/D model 40 has a pull behind plow on a 3 point hydraulic hitch which does not do well in wet heavy snow. My dad comes over with his Ford Deisel Backhoe and 8 foot bucket when things get serious here. It was not fun but I want my driveway a step ahead of anything to come since I still have to make an apearance at work today. I don't want to beat myself up getting there and back and still have to start from zero if anything comes.
I can at least be comforted in that, it really doesn't seem all that cold out right now. Makes for drizzly crap though. We shall see what the day brings.

Be safe all you P/B folk.

g.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
They upgraded to a blizzard warning in NYC. I've been reading the forecaster discussions since early last night, and they had been talking about doing that. I guess this morning's model runs pushed them over the edge. Right now we have 3-4" on the ground, snowing lightly with a light breeze out of the (best I can tell from here) ese.

Edit: George that warm air gels precisely with what the models predicted for this morning. They're saying cold air gets dragged back in to your area early this afternoon and that's when the accumulation occurs. 30F here now, looking for a high of 32, so we're going to be in the heavy stuff too. Up here that means bye-bye power.