So what are you doing for Valentines Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
So what is everyone planning to do with their "special someone". Unfortunately I dont have anyone, but if I did, it would be her...:dance:

cutie3.jpg

cutie2.jpg

cutie4.jpg

Anyway, for those that do have someone, don't waste your $$ on the usual fare (flowers, teddy bears,etc).
Instead, why not show them someplace truly unique?
Of course I'm talking about the "freaky woods", as most girls think of them as (unfortunately).
Here are the Top 5 most romantic places here in the Long Island Pines...to visit!

1.Connetquot State Park....Wide bridle paths and the beautiful river make this place quite a jewel.
connqresize5.jpg

2.Manorville Hills...Hike up Bald Hill for the best view of eastern Long Island!
baldhnehazeremovesm.jpg

3. Currans Pond...just at the end of Currans Rd in Middle Island
curranspond.jpg

4. Robert Cushman preserve in Ridge....these lakes make great "make-out" spots. Just dont mind the egrets and warblers...they like to look on.
coastalplponds1.jpg

And for number 5...it's Cranberry Bog park in Riverhead. And you can combine it with shopping at Tanger. Make it a point to have lunch at Great Steak & Potato in the II Food court, they have the best fries around.:bear:
297113943_ce02991346.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
So who's the woman Long Island. Fine looking woman at that.

PS: when are you going to host some of us for a day of seeing your pines up there?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Wow Ben...you are up on your politics. She does look French. That could be trouble :)

Anyway, the photo's are great. Thanks for posting them. I always enjoy looking at them.

Guy

Krloucks

Explorer
Oct 22, 2005
Bensalem, Pa
www.krloucks.com
Clever post and great pictures. My wife hates the cold so any forays to the outdoors would be short lived. Probably have to go with Mike's idea of Red Lobster.
Everyone should at least remember to get a card!:)

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
So who's the woman Long Island. Fine looking woman at that.

PS: when are you going to host some of us for a day of seeing your pines up there?

Well the woman was from a TV show in the UK, so I dont even think she has heard of the pine barrens. I'm just using her an an example of the kind of lady I like, a sweet looking petite brunette.
I would be more than glad to give a "tour" of the pines here, but I dont drive.
I think a do pretty well getting to these places though, courtesy of Suffolk Transit. Them buses go fast too, nothing more fun than going 70mph though the pines.:D

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Wow Ben...you are up on your politics. She does look French. That could be trouble :)

Anyway, the photo's are great. Thanks for posting them. I always enjoy looking at them.

Guy

Nah she aint french, I actually took a photo of her from the TV (with a camera...no TV screen capture utility here). She was in a movie, produced in the UK, about Stephen Hawking's early years, it aired on The Science Channel.
Anyway she was his "girlfriend" (Jane Wilde) and stood by him even as his illness grew worse, eventually marrying him. Like I said, I need a devoted woman like that, but they are hard to find! The actress was Laura Dillon.
She actually reminded me about a girl I had a crush on in high school, I actually had a crush on her for 2 years but the feeling wasn't mutual. If I saw her again I might still have a crush on her, but she's probably married by now.

VeronicaM

Feb 3, 2008
Well, LIPiney, that time of the year has come yet again. I've spent many Valentine's days alone, so I know how you feel. Why don't we make this year different? Let me just come out and say it:

I, Veronica Moser, would like to be your Valentine.

You are a great guy. You are passionate about protecting the environment, you are well-spoken and intelligent, and you have a heart of gold. I don't care if you can't afford to buy me candy or roses. I know that you are unemployed and that you have never worked before, but please believe me when I tell you that I'm not interested money. I'm interested in you and you alone. I know that you haven't had a girlfriend in over 15 years, but that is a good thing. It has kept your heart true. Anyway, I hope your Valentine's day is one to remember. I have nor eservations about going into the "freaky woods" with you.

LongIslandPiney

Explorer
Jan 11, 2006
Well I'd rather you not bring up stuff about me on the site, but I appreciate your offer. It's nice to see not all women want big breadwinners. I'd love to talk about it via email.:D

Well, LIPiney, that time of the year has come yet again. I've spent many Valentine's days alone, so I know how you feel. Why don't we make this year different? Let me just come out and say it:

I, Veronica Moser, would like to be your Valentine.

You are a great guy. You are passionate about protecting the environment, you are well-spoken and intelligent, and you have a heart of gold. I don't care if you can't afford to buy me candy or roses. I know that you are unemployed and that you have never worked before, but please believe me when I tell you that I'm not interested money. I'm interested in you and you alone. I know that you haven't had a girlfriend in over 15 years, but that is a good thing. It has kept your heart true. Anyway, I hope your Valentine's day is one to remember. I have nor eservations about going into the "freaky woods" with you.

long-a-coming

Explorer
Mar 28, 2005
Berlin Twp
When I was first dating my wife, I went all out for Valentine's day. We both worked at the same place so after work we started driving around in my '83 Corrolla hatchback(I know you are all jealous of that sweet ride). Anyway I pull into a parking lot with a White Lincoln Limo and a driver standing outside. I said to her, "Why don't we ride in that car over there"
I pulled a huge bouquet of flowers and a bottle of champagne out of the trunk of my car and we cruise to Philly. Got a bite to eat at Dock Street Brewery and then back to Jersey for a stop at the classy Old Rail Tavern in Barrington. That was the first time I did something like that and I haven't done it since. I dropped a boatload of cash that night but I had no mortgage, car payments or kids at the time so it was no big thing. Now its roses at Produce junction (they don't raise their prices this time of year, $5!!!) and dinner. A lot has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.