Some more old PB photos scanned from color slides

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
"I take it you are not local."

I'm in Arizona now. When I lived back east - until the end of '96 - I used to drive down from New York City.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It used to be only a small spot, I think, or maybe my memory is faulty. I posted another photo of it on here, someplace.

It actually is about the same as in 1951.

1951.jpg

Thanks for the new photo. I appreciate them all.

Guy

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Here I am backpacking in the Plains in Jan. 1972. Obviously not a devotee of ultralight backpacking. I wuz carrying a load for two.

Attachments

• NJ PB Jan1972 Me with huge pack.jpg
    NJ PB Jan1972 Me with huge pack.jpg
    807.4 KB · Views: 324

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Another shot of me borrowing cranberries from a cranberry bog (prior to getting strafed by that biplane).

Attachments

• NJ PB swiping cranberries 1972.jpg
    NJ PB swiping cranberries 1972.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 311

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
May '76, me in The Plains again (or did I already post this one?)

Attachments

• 576.jpg
    576.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 291

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
A few photos from a 1980 canoe trip.

Attachments

• Spring 1980.jpg
    Spring 1980.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 332
  • May 1981, NJ PB canoe trip, Maniac with paddle.jpg
    May 1981, NJ PB canoe trip, Maniac with paddle.jpg
    835.6 KB · Views: 318
  • Canoing in the Barrens Spring 1980.jpg
    Canoing in the Barrens Spring 1980.jpg
    795.8 KB · Views: 296

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Thanks for the new photo's. I have to ask ...... who is it that is taking these photo's?

Guy

Pan

Explorer
Jul 4, 2011
Arizona
Ha ha, nah. Whoever happens to be with me, Guy, or if I'm by myself the self timer. Once I had my friend the Jersey Devil take the pictures but I had to teach him not to shake the camera when he pushed the shutter button and it was more trouble than it was worth. He's kind of clumsy.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I figured that since Pan has been posting some of his old photo's, I would post some of mine. Granted, many of the older members may have viewed these before; however, there are people here who have not.

Me in the tree by Unbridge just off of Quaker Bridge Road. Someone carved a cross in the tree and left their ax which I still have and use. Most likely 1978 or 1979.

53.JPG

My friend John taking a photo of me. This is along the canal DeMarco dug just off of 532 by Chatsworth Lake. If you have ever hiked the JCRR there and had to walk around the canal, this is where you go around.

1104.JPG

Jemima Mount with the Jeep of a friend of mine at the time.

1979.JPG

Bombing Range Road looking toward the old type towers. Notice the road is not as wide as it is today.

719.JPG

Behind Coyle Field you could find all kinds of things. This I guess was a flare and you should have seen the smoke after we lit it on fire. We had no idea it would smoke that much. We left quickly after making sure there was no chance of a major fire.

702.JPG

My brother-in-law at Apple Pie Hill. Notice the road on the left. That road is no longer there. Also, if you look just to the left and behind the far right tree you can see the square shape of the USGS reference monument. It is either no longer there or buried under all the dirt they put on the top of the hill to flatten it years ago. I am standing on the tower.

1240.JPG

The Batsto River Bridge. Land Cruisers fit quite well on the tracks if you let out some air. This man worked at Great Adventure and did this all the time.

709.JPG

And he gave me a ride.

51.JPG

I spent quite a bit of time camping on the Forked River Mountains. We had our own secret campsite and kept many of the supplies hidden in the woods nearby for years. Nobody bothered them.

My friends 1972 Land Cruiser after getting stuck on a stump. He had a posi rear in that bear and still could not move. He also put in overdrive and could cruise pretty good with the 4:11 in them. Developed May 1979.

5_79.JPG

His 1972 on the left and my second vehicle (1978) on the right at our camp.

59.JPG

My tent and the rest of the equipment was theirs.

68.JPG

We left that table and sticks there for years.

Fall_78.JPG

At night on the west side we would climb the trees and watch the sunset. We would get there early and leave late.

63.JPG

One such night.

1207.JPG

Guy

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Pan
I'd say by the pics and the date you must have about 20 years on me.I was 12 in 76.

Guy
I thought I was the only admitted clandestine camper on site.
My greatest triump was when me and Whip were canoeing the upper Delaware below hancock ny and couldn't find a legal camping spot so we waited till dark and set up camp in a patch of trees 30 ft from a house and yard and definitely on the house property.Set up tent very quitely and snuk in.snuk out just as quietly before sunup.I much prefer being further back in the bush.
Al

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Guy, would you please post that other picture you have of that jeep on the tracks at the Batsto Trestle, the one with the girl in it.
It's interesting to take the photo's there and see how much the area has changed.

Ed

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The one above is the Batsto Trestle. I have a few others so let me find them.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
This one shows an experimental plot that I stumbled upon just along Route 72 in Lebanon. I was never able to find it again.

2_80.jpg

I believe near Brooksbre.

10_78.jpg

Not sure where bog this is. It was the stone age without a GPS.

11_78Bog.jpg

Keeping the fire going. I won't tell you how we dug that hole in the winter. I bet if I go back today and dig there I would find evidence of our fires. Developed 10/78.

FRM10_78.jpg

This may be the one you want Ed. Developed in the summer of 1978. Notice the woman in the bathing suit in the far back. I believe they were not with this group and were swimming. At least I believe so.

Summer78OnTracks.JPG

Guy