Substantial ruins along Mt. Misery Road

Mr.Coz

Apr 29, 2008
While I admit the hi-jacking is my fault I would really like to see this thread get back on track. Does anyone have any solid information on these ruins?

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
While I admit the hi-jacking is my fault I would really like to see this thread get back on track. Does anyone have any solid information on these ruins?

They are either ruins associated with the sawmill nearby, or it's the packing house for the cranberry operation that was also located there.

I had an archaeologist friend come there and she surmised that the building dated from the mid to late 19th century, based on it's construction. She feels (more strongly than me) that it was associated with the sawmill because the design of the building is typical of similar operations.

Given the somewhat transient nature of sawmills, I find it had to believe that they would have constructed such a monumental building for that, and that this is most likely the packing house where berries would have been processed and packed before being sold.

suresue592003

Explorer
Apr 4, 2004
Browns Mills, NJ
This will be my first and last post to this forum. I feel members and the admin. have bent over backwards to apologize to certain new members who apparently have a great amount of free time on their hands, and love nothing better then to argue their point.
Since everyone else here is taking up space with this useless forum, and speaking their peice...so am I. I blame the admin. for allowing this to go on. This senseless arguing is not what we are here for or care to be reading about. Are we suddenly in desparate need of members that we allow this? Seems some things here at NJPineBarrens have changed.
To the people who want to b.... move on and find something productive to do with your lives. It's ok to have a hobby, but get a life!

Mr.Coz

Apr 29, 2008
bruset thanks for the info and I would appreciate any other info you or anyone else can pass on.

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
This will be my first and last post to this forum. I feel members and the admin. have bent over backwards to apologize to certain new members who apparently have a great amount of free time on their hands, and love nothing better then to argue their point.
Since everyone else here is taking up space with this useless forum, and speaking their peice...so am I. I blame the admin. for allowing this to go on. This senseless arguing is not what we are here for or care to be reading about. Are we suddenly in desparate need of members that we allow this? Seems some things here at NJPineBarrens have changed.
To the people who want to b.... move on and find something productive to do with your lives. It's ok to have a hobby, but get a life!

No, we're not in desperate need of new members. I'm trying my best to make everyone walk away from this feeling happy. Unfortunately when I try to do this, people get upset. When I take a stand against someone who is bringing down the site, people get upset. What am I supposed to do?

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
All,
I won't touch the topic that hijacked the site. Not interested in the drama/content. Just my thoughts, let Ben take this site down for a day or two and see how many people's jets get cooled when they realize what they could lose over nonsense. He freely/fairly has let even some of the most ridiculous, non Pine Barrens related topics go, even as recently as today, not inclusive of this thread.
He give's us a gift & I love this site. He shouldn't even have to declare "what am I supposed to do"
By the way, I can't get to every place in the Pines so threads like this (the intended content) are a great tool for me to learn and explore when I can't reach out myself. I look forward to the thread getting back on track.
I am thankful for good dialogue and content, and the freedom to even make a few foolish comments myself now & again.
Enjoy your day & your children all!

g.

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I don't think criticism of Ben is warranted here, by any means. All you can do in modding a forum sometimes is try to find a middle ground. If he wants to engage in battle for one side or the other that's his call, likewise if he doesn't.

To the Coz's... until you are known as individuals, either in reality or through a membership history, you don't have a right to individual consideration. You were judged as members of a group because that's all you were/are known to be. Many of us here have met in person. We're not anonymous. You are. Nobody knows you, and therefore nobody could have judged you personally. Your original complaint struck me as immature, and it still does. No rational person could come to the conclusion that Ben had insulted his or her family with his post. So my judgment is that unless you're very new to the Internet and forums you came here looking to make trouble, out of some antagonistic motivation.

Edit: someone calling herself "Amy" sent me a PM complaining that they were hardly anonymous because RednekF350 had taken the trouble to research their profile. However, no link to that profile was posted that I saw. No names were mentioned, and this was after Ben posted the comment that apparently pissed them off.

So I see no reason to change my view of the whole thing.

Mr.Coz

Apr 29, 2008
I came here because I was notified of the discussion of my cache placement. I came here with the intention of seeing what could be done to address the issue. I came hear and found comments about me I would not have made about someone I don't know. Justify it any way you want. I have now tried more than once to put this thread back on track. If the regular members here such as yourselves want to continue the sidetrack go right ahead.

jburd641

Explorer
Jan 16, 2008
Port Charlotte, Fl.
No, we're not in desperate need of new members. I'm trying my best to make everyone walk away from this feeling happy. Unfortunately when I try to do this, people get upset. When I take a stand against someone who is bringing down the site, people get upset. What am I supposed to do?

You're doing a fine job Ben. Keep up the good work but don't piss me off.
:jd:
Jay

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Well here I am drinking again and talking on the computer.
Sorry but I can't let this homemade got to waste.

My apology to Ben for instigating such a circuitous tirade of drivel.

I have been plagued with a third grade sense of humor since about third grade and I can't seem to make myself take some things seriously even at the age of 49.

I will be making a serious post in about 5 minutes under Electronics Insanity that Mr. Coz may find helpful.

Okay now, group hug.
Ahhh. That's better.
Scott