Sunrise at 1/4 Mile Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

The way this site pretty much works is if the person who started the tread wants it closed, and asks Ben or I to close it, we do. Since I started this thread the decision is obviously mine unless rank is pulled by Ben. Unfortunately, for those that want it closed I have more I want to add so I will be keeping it open.

Guy

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
All,

The way this site pretty much works is if the person who started the tread wants it closed, and asks Ben or I to close it, we do. Since I started this thread the decision is obviously mine unless rank is pulled by Ben. Unfortunately, for those that want it closed I have more I want to add so I will be keeping it open.

Guy

Thanks Guy

More photos and reports to come.

Keep an eye out for a Press of AC article.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
All,

Guy

Whelp, I started the thread at the link and never asked for it to be put in the heap, but it was.

Different strokes for different folks?

http://forums.njpinebarrens.com/slag-heap/5549-bigfoot.html

Kim

Feb 28, 2009
I don't mean to pick on you mudboy, but are you half-retarded? The site ought to be rehabilitated, don't you think? Or should the State allow these 4-wheelin' morons to take over any location in the Pines at their whim?

don't you understand about if 1/4 mile gets closed the people will flock to another area and destroy that. Is that what you want to see?

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I don't mean to pick on you mudboy, but are you half-retarded? The site ought to be rehabilitated, don't you think? Or should the State allow these 4-wheelin' morons to take over any location in the Pines at their whim?

Kim,

What other input do you have that will improve this thread that does not involve bashing pretty much everyone? Your previous posts before this thread do the same. Dave gives opinions and listen's to them even though not everyone agrees with him. I don't see that from you.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
On Friday after our sunrise adventure at Warren Grove, Rob from work and I visited 1/4 mile. I also visited it again at 6AM this morning and some of those photo's are blurry because of the low light and my shaking.

On Friday

IMG_5424.JPG

Notice the trees that were cut. They were not there today because they were used in a fire last night.

IMG_5429a.jpg

Friday

IMG_5435.JPG

And the same location today.

IMG_5479.JPG

Embers still glowing.

IMG_5473.JPG

The clay layer that is no longer there to support this wetland. It will never be the same.

IMG_5480.JPG

This is an interesting photo. I took this in one of the ruts. The photo below that shows what this area once looked like. To me that is very telling. Look them over closely.

IMG_5489.JPG

IMG_54840000.JPG

Guy

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
T'was obviously a wild and beautiful land.

I can see Juncus pelocarpus, Vaccinium macropcaron, and perhaps Juncus canadensis in that photo with the clay. Obviously a wetland.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
On Friday after our sunrise adventure at Warren Grove, Rob from work and I visited 1/4 mile. I also visited it again at 6AM this morning and some of those photo's are blurry because of the low light and my shaking.

On Friday

Great work guy

Friends and I put out a fire this afternoon and I reported it to Atsion.

At least someone cleaned up all the bottles and cans.

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010
Oh

A friend who teaches biology mentioned that frogs cannot survive in puddles contaminated with transmission fluid/oil.

Everyone that visited the scar with me this afternoon has a life long love and interest in the Pines, including a few with a science background and degree,

All were all stunned by the wanton destruction.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Right now like it or not I'm going to state facts. take em however you may wish. theres not enough law enforcement out there. if you block this area off people will go around through or over the blockades. if you block it and keep the few state park police that are out therre located in this area the people are gonnago to the next area and shread that apart. like it or leave it thats how it is. as Guy stated some people may not like my views but i do my homework before i speak. Plus it's only the "Pine Borings" to you anyway, so why the hell do you care.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Commissioner Campbell did it in 2002.

Thew state police were checking people coming out of Batsto, Hampton Rd and Q Bridge road

I was stopped by the State Police at Carranza and Tuckerton back in about 2004 or so. I was coming out of the woods there and he was waiting for me. Asked what I was doing there and when I told him he questioned me about it.

Guy

woodjin

Piney
Nov 8, 2004
Near Mt. Misery
Right now like it or not I'm going to state facts. take em however you may wish. theres not enough law enforcement out there. if you block this area off people will go around through or over the blockades. if you block it and keep the few state park police that are out therre located in this area the people are gonnago to the next area and shread that apart. like it or leave it thats how it is. as Guy stated some people may not like my views but i do my homework before i speak. Plus it's only the "Pine Borings" to you anyway, so why the hell do you care.

Dave, I think the critical issue concerns the very rare and sensitive environment back there. It has been severly "scared" but there is still much more damage that can occur. Wetland areas are the most ecologically important systems to the pinebarrens which is why there are such stringent laws governing them. I am confidant that after a few raids and $10,000 fines most of the kids are going to get trucks taken away from them and perhaps a good "ass-wupping from their dads.:rofl:

I would hate to see that road closed, but it seems very likely it will happen. Then, we will all have to pay the price for the abuse going on out there. I used to love driving out to that area before all this occured, it used to be so remote. I really don't want to see more restrictions and enforcent in the big woods, but with this kind of foolishness going on that is what is likely to happen.

As for them moving to a new spot...as long as it isn't wetlands that would still be a huge plus. We can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Jeff

Pines Lover

Explorer
Aug 15, 2010

The Gov. or Commissioner Martin can resolve the enforcement issue with a phone call.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
The Gov. or Commissioner Martin can resolve the enforcement issue with a phone call.
Then why isn't happening? Please do realize that I'm not for the destruction, but theres all kinds of complaining going on, and people saying this is what has to happen. but theres nothing happening that I can see. And quite honestly i can't see it happening overnight.
woodjin, i hear what youre saying. I'm aware of the species out there. When i say people will move elsewheres it's gonna be the next spot with good mud, and from what Pineslover says, pretty much anywhere with mud is wetlands.
Once again i don't want people to automatically assume i'm supporting whats happening out there. I just sit hear astonished watching some suggestions that have been brought up. Not ,many people are thinking of the outcome. This is why i stopped to speak with Rob in person, especially with some of the suggestions on the inquire comments.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
I was stopped by the State Police at Carranza and Tuckerton back in about 2004 or so. I was coming out of the woods there and he was waiting for me. Asked what I was doing there and when I told him he questioned me about it.

Guy

i had a state cop stop me on carranza as wll. this was a little under 2 years ago, he tried telling me the park is closed at these hours (11pm). i was in my Saturn, no monster truck or anything. I argued with him for a while and when the threat of arrest came about I stopped, turned around and went in another way. Ever since then i have had a copy stating the 24 hours in my glovebox. Law enforcement is a good thing until they make their own rules or are forced to patrol something they have no clue about.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
i had a state cop stop me on carranza as wll. this was a little under 2 years ago, he tried telling me the park is closed at these hours (11pm). i was in my Saturn, no monster truck or anything. I argued with him for a while and when the threat of arrest came about I stopped, turned around and went in another way. Ever since then i have had a copy stating the 24 hours in my glovebox. Law enforcement is a good thing until they make their own rules or are forced to patrol something they have no clue about.

I suspect many of them are like all of us, there are some things we don't want to do but have to. He would more than likely want to be on a highway or Turnpike catching speeders or crooks.

Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.