Tax Parcel Website

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Now when I go to the state tax parcel website I get this message and the tax parcels no longer show up.

parcel1.jpg

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Maybe this? They said the parcels were going to be retired at the end of April but it wasn't clear which services were going to be affected. OTOH, they might just be doing work on their systems over the weekend, they had a scheduled shutdown for awhile on Thursday.

https://forums.njpinebarrens.com/threads/nj-tax-lot-maps.14034/#post-168799

"The NJ Office of GIS will be retiring the Municipal Property Search map service at or around Friday, April 29, 2022. There are no plans for replacement at this time."

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
This is (evidently) the layer that caused the error

If you click the "Open in Map Viewer" link the layer loads but is un-checked. You can check it and zoom way in and see the parcels. There's a time slider at the bottom of the map, have not seen that before. But I had to drag the end time to 2022 before the parcels showed. And there are no labels on the parcels, just the geometry.

[edit]OK, I see, you need to click on a parcel to view the information. You can also choose different maps, like aerials from the Basemap button at the top.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I got the parcels to show. Will play more from what you said.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
It is working but not as easy and basic as the other site. I assume they are eliminating that site and we will have to use this. Maybe.

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
I get your error when I go here. Is that the site you have been using?

This is the link that @dragoncjo posted in that other thread, had not seen it before. One nice thing about it is you can link to specific places on the map

The "about" link says it is hosted by Rowan University

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: manumuskin

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I would give it a little time, could just be some configuration problem that they will fix when everyone comes back to work on Monday.
I have an email in to the man who has responded to me multiple times.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Yes, I informed them and they did not know about it. Then they wrote back and said it would be fixed today.

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
There's no reason to expect that to change, unless the law changes...

Redaction of owner names from parcels and tax list database
In compliance with the provisions and protections afforded the personally identifiable information of certain persons, as enacted by Daniel’s Law (P.L. 2020, c. 125), the NJ Office of GIS has redacted owner names from all hosted parcels and tax list database downloads, map services and applications.

https://njgin.nj.gov/njgin/edata/parcels/#!/