The Economy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Oatmeal Stout. That sounds so incredibly good. I have been sick all week with this horrendous cold that everyone seems to have. Perhaps that's just what I need to rid myself of disease. :)

Happy Halloween everyone!

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
Oatmeal Stout. That sounds so incredibly good. I have been sick all week with this horrendous cold that everyone seems to have. Perhaps that's just what I need to rid myself of disease. :)

Happy Halloween everyone!

Sounds like the right medicine to me!

Happy Halloween.

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
While I will probably be viewed as a jerk for my perisistence. Everyone needs to hear the message of David Walker, the former Comptroller General of the Currency.

I.O.U.S.A. This is a condensed version of the movie that is out:

I will crawl back in my hole now, Mark, thanks for the coffee.

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/29/opinion/29wed1.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin It is interesting to note that the Treasury Dept. took over $800 billion from the us and gave it to the banks so that they could loan it back to us.

Unbelievable. People need to be fired. Pull that money back.

Put me in charge. I'd make us all suffer. Very badly suffer. The banks and the rich the most, but all of us. For 2-3 years. I'd tax the hell out of everybody to pay off the debt. Then I'd start 400 plants nationwide making solar panels. Instead of a chicken in every pot, it would be a panel on every roof. I'd also bring the French over and build a new nuclear plant in every single state in the middle of broken down cities. Force it on them. No NIMBY's allowed to stop it. Put those people to work mixing concrete. No work, no food. Then I'd tell T-Boone Pickens to go ahead with his plan, at least the wind part.

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
Unbelievable. People need to be fired. Pull that money back.

Put me in charge. I'd make us all suffer. Very badly suffer. The banks and the rich the most, but all of us. For 2-3 years. I'd tax the hell out of everybody to pay off the debt. Then I'd start 400 plants nationwide making solar panels. Instead of a chicken in every pot, it would be a panel on every roof. I'd also bring the French over and build a new nuclear plant in every single state in the middle of broken down cities. Force it on them. No NIMBY's allowed to stop it. Put those people to work mixing concrete. No work, no food. Then I'd tell T-Boone Pickens to go ahead with his plan, at least the wind part.

Bob, I'm going to write you in on Tuesday.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Phew, another rough day in the Market - Dow is down over 400 points today, about a 660 point drop so far this week and we still have two more days to go :bang:

What the hell, retirement is really over-rated anyway...

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Phew, another rough day in the Market - Dow is down over 400 points today, about a 660 point drop so far this week and we still have two more days to go :bang:

What the hell, retirement is really over-rated anyway...

And to think, just 13 months ago it was at 14164. It's lost almost 6000 pts since then.

You need to ask for a bailout, its the in thing to do. :pigfly: Yesterday American Express was a credit card company, today they are a bank and have already asked for the parachute. :argh:

It's time to throw some tea in the harbor :clint:

Tom

Explorer
Feb 10, 2004
And to think, just 13 months ago it was at 14164. It's lost almost 6000 pts since then.

You need to ask for a bailout, its the in thing to do. :pigfly: Yesterday American Express was a credit card company, today they are a bank and have already asked for the parachute. :argh:

It's time to throw some tea in the harbor :clint:

You're over-reacting...

However, here is the link to the TARP application guidelines and documents: http://www.treas.gov/initiatives/eesa/application-documents.shtml

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Do you think loan sharking would qualify under the guidelines for 'Eligible Institutions'? Probably worth a shot, all they can say is 'no', and that seems highly unlikely.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Just when it looked like this had faded away, here it comes again (sorry Ben...)

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122669636685629301.html

Perhaps no potential nominee is taking more heat than Mr. Summers, who served as Treasury secretary for President Clinton and moved to the center of Mr. Obama's economic team.
_________

But Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union, took a swipe at Mr. Summer's chief rival for the post, New York Federal Reserve Bank President Timothy Geithner, who he made clear is an unknown to labor.

"I always worry about somebody who has spent his whole life at the Federal Reserve," Mr. Stern said, instead plugging a new name, New Jersey Gov. and former Goldman Sachs chairman Jon Corzine.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Christine Todd's name has also been thrown around as a possible appointee. I guess everyone should get a second chance :guinness:

grendel

Explorer
Feb 24, 2006
Fredericksburg VA
umm ummm good!

Attachments

• Wealth_Spread_500.jpg
    Wealth_Spread_500.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.