The Mullica, Atsion to Pleasant Mills. A PBX paddle.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
This is a kid-free weekend so my plan is to go wild in the pines! Haha. Thank you for your wonderful information. I will be in bog heaven, I am sure. Heeee hawww. Can't wait. Thanks Again!

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I have to get my daughter back out into the pines. I'm going to wait until after chigger season, though!

For folks who haven't seen Dana in a long time, here she is. She looks quite at home with a PBX-style walking stick, too!

IMGP2493.jpg

Reactions: noboat

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
A paddle is fine though no chiggers. WUSS. I had 2 encounters with them this summer. Always a blast. Haha. Just kayaking.. that is sissy no chigger work.. Mr. Ben!

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
on Mick's rentals it states that there are ruins along the way and not to miss. Now, is this for the Mullica or Wading portion? Isn't the Wading river another tributary of the Mullica anyway? Lol. I want ruins darn it. Haha. History nerd AND adventure enthusiast here.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Planning a kayak trip down the wading river this weekend. I know there are ruins along the way. Anything cool I should lookout for?

The water is too low right now but if you ever catch the wading up make a side trip up Tulpehocken at hawkins bridge.That river is the Barrens par excellence.If your a bushwacker and don't mind mud it is well worth a slog up this time of year because there is no fear in getting wet.The Tulpe (pronounced toop) is the Poop! believe me it is:)

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Gotcha. I plan on doing a full day of this. My girlfriend owns her own kayak lucky duck and is coming along forthe adventure. I plan on purchasing a 2 seater when my son is a little older and can take him along. He's just too young for it right now and is not safe. Going to be an absolutely stunning day a nice treat from this mess we've had all week. I plan on enjoying the heck out of my Piney day.

noboat

Explorer
Feb 1, 2010
Waterford Works
The water is too low right now but if you ever catch the wading up make a side trip up Tulpehocken at hawkins bridge.That river is the Barrens par excellence.If your a bushwacker and don't mind mud it is well worth a slog up this time of year because there is no fear in getting wet.The Tulpe (pronounced toop) is the Poop! believe me it is:)
Not to low now!
400401_490812190931306_1563721774_n.jpg

Reactions: pineywoman

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Hahahahaha!! Holy crap! Hope it goes down by Sunday. Wow. Of course will call prior to make sure. the Pineys got hit hard.

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
I forgot about the bad ass storms you guys got up there last night! Barely a drizzle here! I might break out my own yak and head for the Barrens! I seen those storms on radar but didn't know they dropped that much wooder!
That is Godfreys right?

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
I took a tour this morning. The Batsto is over flowing it's banks from HF to Quaker Bridge. The put in at QB is flooding the road and the water is very fast. It would be a fight to keep out of the bushes. The Skit from Carranza Rd is high but I think OK. The Mullica area up river from Lock Bridge is underwater, no channel. The Wadind has to be high, Chatsworth got the most rain, I suspect the Oswego would be also.

Hewey

Piney
Mar 10, 2005
Pinewald, NJ
Up here in Bamber, I'd forgo any trip right now. We got pretty well hammered with rain and the water is downright dangerous.

I couldn't belive how high the Cedar was today! It was at the same level this evening as it was after Irene last summer.

Chris