The NEW Beer Thread

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
Can't wait for the flying fish to open again! Great craft beer and beer in general. I'll have to look into the Lambic recipe. Thanks!

scubabruce

Scout
Jul 1, 2011
ATCO, NJ
I make no claim as to the age of the bottle, but it appears that the Orlando Tinkham Root Beer Co. dates back to the second half of the 19th century. It looks like Steve found a stone soda bottle that is anywhere from about 150 years to 100 years old. A terrific find nonetheless.

http://emuseum.nyhistory.org:8080/emuseum/view/objects/asitem/4865/80/title-asc?t:state:flow=e845c6b2-07cf-4a32-ba94-3c1263599967[/quote]

Good research - thanks. Steve said he tried free diving for his cell phone while he was still all boozed up and almost drown because he kept hitting his head on the bottom of his boat when he came to the surface and he almost passed out. His buddies convinced him to wait til morning and use scuba

dogg57

Piney
Jan 22, 2007
Southern NJ
southjerseyphotos.com
I frequent the Continental Tavern which is caddy-corner to the Vault. I didn't know it had opened yet.
Today's special for the Continental looks yum!
Soup of the Day:

Crab Bisque
Appetizers:
Shrimp Cocktail~ served in a martini glass...$10.99
Panko Crusted Fried Shrimp~ with Plum Ginger Dipping Sauce...$8.99

Entrees:

Pumpkin-Spiced Seared Ahi Tuna~ served over Mixed Greens, with Goat Cheese, Pumpkin Seeds, Dried Cranberries and Raisins, and Red Onion, finished with a Honey Ginger Vinegarette...$17.99
Gumbo~ Shrimp, Chicken, and Andouille Sausage simmered with Vegetables and served over Rice Pilaf...$17.99

Pumpkin Ravioli~ in a Brown Butter sauce...$9.99

Desserts:

Pumpkin Pie~ a la mode $6.99

Drinks:

Caramel Appletini...$8.00

Candy Corn Martini...$8.00

Gibby

Piney
Apr 4, 2011
Trenton
The Continental has great food. They serve evil cheese steak spring rolls and pulled pork sliders as appetizers.I normally stop in around lunch time so my usual meal is French dip and beer battered onion rings. They use Yuengling beer in the batter mix. Tasty! The crowd is older and the beer selection is good, which suits me just fine.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
I have to check this place out now. Sounds yummy. Dinner there and the brewery afterwards. Sounds like a evening! The caramel martini and ahi tuna sound delightful. My kind of food.

pineywoman

Explorer
Aug 24, 2012
It isn't a craft beer. However, it is the beer I go to when I am at a hole in the wall and the options are miller or coors. However, I don't booze too much. Two drinks and I'm done.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Yeah, if you click you will download an 8MB Powerpoint presentation. Some cool old pictures, but I never cared for PowerPoint myself...