thePineBarrens.com up for sale on ebay

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
I sort of had a feeling this day would come.

That sucks though. If I had the extra cash I would probably have bought the site from Rob and moved the content/domain over here. I'm not going to get into a bidding war on ebay over it.

I just wonder what will become of the site. Probably nothing, or maybe it will be sold to a canoe rental place or something...

He mentions that he gets 8000 hits per month. I guess I'm doing alright with 35,000 last month...

B

bach2yoga

You know what was really strange? Know that cleanup day he scheduled?
He sent me a gazillion emails about it, then never showed up. When I emailed him about it he said he sent me an email cancelling because the weather was iffy, but I never got it.
So we cleaned a bit on our own and went exploring.
Renee

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Right now the bidding is up to $152.00 - Bob Blanda's uncle or somebody is bidding on it.

I spoke with the previous high bidder who was interested in taking over the site, and then saw mine and wanted to know if I would sell it. :)

Bob Blanda's uncle runs a Pine Barrens site that I don't know if anyone knows about - http://www.pineys.com

NewSchoolPiney

Explorer
Jun 16, 2003
Boston, MA
www.pinemind.com
Ben wrote:
Bob Blanda's uncle runs a Pine Barrens site that I don't know if anyone knows about - http://www.pineys.com

You know, it's strange that I have never come upon this site. I spend most of my day at work searching for Pine Barrens sites. I guess this guy is not good with metatags and/or search engine submission?

Oh well, I'm in the current process of making a php site called pinemind.com. It won't center directly on the Pine Barrens, but it will have journal entries and stories of my adventures. I'll let everyone know when it will be up for browsing. It's mostly there to document my upcoming semester in New Zealand.

Peace,
Justin

rblanda

Explorer
Feb 6, 2003
Winslow, NJ
www.eblanda.com
Im still here

Guys,

Im still here - and I still have the site. My business tripled and I've been swamped.

1. The cleanup effort never came to be because it was cancelled and no one showed interest - except one couple. Besides, weather was awful that day.

2. The winning bidder of thepinebarrens.com never paid the bill, so I never actually sold it.

3. John Blanda still ownes pineys.com but he's really busy too - We're still trying to hook up.

4. I still check in here, so be careful about what you say:)

Love you guys and really wish I had more time to chat... I'll check in soon again once things level out a bit.

PS - The site is really getting hit hard now, and I want to bring a PC on my fly fishing trip to make sure it gets the attention it needs. I really want to rebuild it and it's going to take quite a bit of time. Please be patient with me - I'll get there. The food on the kids' plate is taking a bit of priority.

Happy Holidays!

Rob Blanda
www.blandaweb.com

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
As Bob said:

No comment....none. I have nothing to say.....I am at a loss for words.

Guy