Time Lapse Photography

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
P.C.,
Fantastic! You are a pro at this stuff. That was a great share and actually even with your notation, I couldn't really see the hiccup. Good music choices in your films. Thanks for the entertainment and hard work.

g.

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
Thanks for watching guys. I don't think of something I enjoy as 'work', therefore it could never be 'hard'. ;-)

Just a note about our relative motion: Besides our rotation and orbit, the sun and the planets are also moving 220 km per second... Galactic Context

Edit: I also made this slower version of the last one at 15fps. You can see more of the planes movement.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That was nice. I really liked the view in the pine trees as the sun went in an out.

Guy

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
Knowing how long it takes to make one of these clips I want you to know I am disappointed to see it end. I am grateful that you find satisfaction in creating these and sharing them with us. They are beautiful.

turtle

LARGO

Piney
Sep 7, 2005
Pestletown
You need to take your work somewhere. Seriously.
What you have is a gift, what you do is a treasure.
Thank you.

g.

turtle

Explorer
Feb 4, 2009
a village...in the pines
I like the touch at the end with the human sillouette and the footsteps. Do you have a particular order to your creating? In other words, do the film first and then choose the music, or have you had the occasion to pick the music first and then be inspired to add the visuals? Either way, it is always wonderful.

turtle

PancoastDrifter

Explorer
Dec 7, 2008
www.flickr.com
I do a bunch of time lapse shots and see how they fit together and then look for a song that fits. If the clips need editing for the song, I try to make it work. I do have some songs set aside as potentials for future work but never shoot with a song in mind.

Sue Gremlin

Piney
Sep 13, 2005
Vicksburg, Michigan
Really nice. And I am afraid you've infected my husband. He's made his first purchase toward doing this very same thing. Maybe we can combine kite photography and time-lapse? Ok, maybe not.