Trashing the pines

MarkBNJ

Piney
Jun 17, 2007
Long Valley, NJ
www.markbetz.net
I would love to get a chance to drive one of those things. Are they three or four speed manuals?

I thought you might need some sort of endorsement once you go past 2 axles.

Been a long time but I think they were four or five speed with a two-speed transaxle. I do remember that they had a pull-knob throttle on the dashboard, so you could just set the throttle that way and take your foot off the pedal :).

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
They are a little heavier than 10,000 lbs. Dave. Most are around 13,000 lbs in basic running gear. I had a friend that owned two. One to run and one for parts.
You don't need a CDL until you hit 26,000 lbs.
I agree with you that they do less damage in the mudholes because they are geared to the moon and they only need to belch there way through.
One would be hard pressed to get those tires to break free.
Ahhhh, a Rockwell planetary. If only I could slide one under my F-350
For some reason I thought the limit was 10k. Either way I knew you didn't need a CDL

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Been a long time but I think they were four or five speed with a two-speed transaxle. I do remember that they had a pull-knob throttle on the dashboard, so you could just set the throttle that way and take your foot off the pedal :).

4 speed manual, air shift transfer case lo and hi. very easy to drive considering the 6.72 gears.
Redneck F-350. Very easy to put them rears under your truck. Thats what we do for alot of trucks.

Medford Piney

Explorer
Feb 25, 2008
Medford
Also the arrows were from the Enduro races a few weeks ago. i saw the teams out doing them all over the place. that is why you are seeing them in alot of areas.

You are INCORRECT there.... No clubs paint arrows on the trees... paper arrows are stapled to surveyors stacks, dead trees or fallen branches, then removed within 7 days as required by conditions of the permit... Just keeping the info correct, no attack towards you...

reelboys

Scout
Dec 22, 2008
holy park nj
Yes I agree paper arrows and stakes

thats how we arrow for enduros never have a proplem we take them down next day and rake out the road crossing if you have to skin trees or spray paint stay home

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
The paint marks are hideous, whoever made them. What do they say about the people who grabbed a can from the car or truck and gleefully made them...what the hell do they think we have here, a fun-house for their own personal enjoyment? No different from graffiti when they only serve the ego of the perpetrator.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Another pile of construction debris has appeared behind Webbs Mill bog at the Jones Rd intersection. Not quite as large as the first one.....

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
A couple of guys in my hometown own them, they're great trucks. Like all military surplus should be offerred for sale to the public at the "end" of their military lives.

I agree, where else you gonna find a vehicle with less than 50-k miles, 6x6, and can run off of used wate oil for under 10000?????

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Like all military surplus should be offerred for sale to the public at the "end" of their military lives.

I agree, I'd like to get a low mileage F-117 :D

78764417.jpg

bobpbx

Piney
Staff member
Oct 25, 2002
Pines; Bamber area
Another pile of construction debris has appeared behind Webbs Mill bog at the Jones Rd intersection. Not quite as large as the first one.....

We did a FRMC cleanup Sunday from Swains bog all the way to Webb's Mill. Did you see it after that day?

We really did a job Sunday. Mucho Gracias to Guy and Chris (Hewey) and Jessica. They helped me and did a fantastic days work. I love it when people come out and unselfishly lend a hand. And by the way, Ben helped me map the entire area out for the cleanup. As you can see below, we had 7 Dumpsters.....Count 'em....seven!

IMG_5100.JPG

IMG_5101.JPG

IMG_5102.JPG

IMG_5103.JPG

IMG_5104.JPG

IMG_5105_1.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
These clean u[s are where we need the dueces. Multiple people can ride in the bed and probably can fit damn close to a dumpster load of trash in the bed. Seems alot more productive.

imkms

Explorer
Feb 18, 2008
SJ and SW FL
Fantastic effort! I've always kept my cleanups to smaller, bottle and can type cleanups, which is never ending, but seeing the 7 dumpsters of debris that you guys removed just might get me involved with the larger cleanups as well. There really are Pine Angels.

mudboy dave

Explorer
Oct 15, 2008
atco
opentrailsnj.org
Fantastic effort! I've always kept my cleanups to smaller, bottle and can type cleanups, which is never ending, but seeing the 7 dumpsters of debris that you guys removed just might get me involved with the larger cleanups as well. There really are Pine Angels.

Great job, Damn you Bob, call me when stuff like this is going on. 856-207-0816