Tucker's Isle

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Okay sounds fair to me.I know how to start a thread but I don't think I have the capability to cut that this thread off at a certain point and move it to a new thread.What would we entitle it?Property Rights vs Roam at Will? Where to put it?Suggestions please?Perhaps Guy could cut this one off where things went south and send it to it's proper destination.Or just let it die,whatever the general opinion is.I've kinda had my say already anyway,let the forumites decide!

Aug 28, 2012
Jackson, NJ
Most of the links in this thread are dead, kinda frustrating to a newbie to the site.
46er mentions, "If you use GE, use the time slider to move between years," What is GE? Is there a link to what sounds like an interesting tool?
I've been exploring through a lot of the threads on this site and have encountered a lot of dead links and 404 errors.

ecampbell

Piney
Jan 2, 2003
Google Earth

Most of the links in this thread are dead, kinda frustrating to a newbie to the site.
46er mentions, "If you use GE, use the time slider to move between years," What is GE? Is there a link to what sounds like an interesting tool?
I've been exploring through a lot of the threads on this site and have encountered a lot of dead links and 404 errors.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002

There are various reasons for that. First, if it is an old post the photo's or links were lost because of various software and server upgrades. Second, if the photo's are linked to someone webpage or photo storage site and they deleted the photo's, they no longer show up on this site. So if the posts are within a few years old the problem is not this website, but if they are old it may be. It is just something for the most part there is no control over.

If it is a post of mine and your really want to see the photo's, send me the link to the post and I can for the most part find the photo's and replace them by changing the links in the post and uploading the photo's again.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That sound too much like a chore and I don't want to be a PIA. You'll just have to take me to all these places. :smug:

It is a chore if you really have an interest in a particular post. My photo's are stored by date so finding the photo's is usually quite easy. Usually.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I go into the woods and only have a car. Go as far as you feel comfortable and then walk. You see so much more anyway.

Guy

GermanG

Piney
Apr 2, 2005
Little Egg Harbor
I go into the woods and only have a car. Go as far as you feel comfortable and then walk. You see so much more anyway.

Guy

My early off-road explorations were done with a 69 Buick Electra, passed down to me by my father during the oil embargos when he bought a more sensible vehicle for commuting. Like you, I never considered a car a limitation. I enjoy exploring on foot more anyway and a car got me as far off-road as I needed in most cases. When I did get a pickup it was a two wheel drive. I always kept my limitations in mind and kept a chain and come-a-long behind the seat for the occasional sugar sand that was worse than it looked. I’ve had a few 4 x 4’s over the years but found I engaged the front drive only a few times a year, not enough to justify the added expense. Now and then I debate going back but take solace in the fact that the guys I’ve witnessed getting the most badly stuck did it in a 4 x 4.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Now and then I debate going back but take solace in the fact that the guys I’ve witnessed getting the most badly stuck did it in a 4 x 4.

There is a new TV series called 'a car to far' or something along those lines. A 4 year old Jeep Wrangler is placed in some remote spot and the job of the 2 guys is to drive it out. Typical TV show, but its pretty impressive what they can do with that thing.