Update on new housing/commercial space proposal for Manchester

Ben Ruset

Administrator
Site Administrator
Oct 12, 2004
Monmouth County
www.benruset.com
Asarco/Heritage Minerals buried radioactive waste in area "Y". Not too sure I'd want to live back there.

I have a soft spot for that tract of land. I spent a lot of time exploring there in my younger and stupider days.

Reactions: Boyd

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Asarco/Heritage Minerals buried radioactive waste in area "Y". Not too sure I'd want to live back there.

Each home purchase will include a complimentary security system with automatic Geiger counter and appropriate warning;

Lvl 3 - Please calmly leave your home.

Lvl 2 - RUN!

Lvl 1 - RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Reactions: Ben Ruset

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
I have a soft spot for that tract of land. I spent a lot of time exploring there in my younger and stupider days.

I have never explored there, but maps and aerial images always fascinated me. Made this website header last winter from a portion of my mid-atlantic landcover map. Both the website and map will hopefully be finished someday… ;)

boydsmaps.jpg

Reactions: Teegate

amf

Explorer
May 20, 2006
Swedesboro
Asarco/Heritage Minerals buried radioactive waste in area "Y". ..
Nucular waste!! Yikes!! I remember tending some research plots out there (late 70's?) for testing benefits of the absorbent gel in baby diapers on plant growth. Roots were dipped in the gel to see if it would hold moisture and improve plant growth. Hope I didn't get ir-radiated!

Reactions: Boyd
Feb 1, 2016
Camden County, NJ
Throwing this out there, not vouching for the web page.

http://politicsoc.com/2016/06/manchester-council-approves-hovsons-development/#

Did find it interesting that the article claims the project changes still need DEP and Pinelands Commission approvals. Not very high hurdles these days.
Every resident in attendance speaks out against this proposal and yet it still passes :( . Thanks for posting the link. The original plan approved in 2003 and agreed to by all parties allowed just over 2000 homes to be built....this new proposal with 6543 homes, and a 1 million sq ft industrial and 1 million sq ft commercial will add 15,000 new residents to this sleepy corner of the Pines....

amf

Explorer
May 20, 2006
Swedesboro
Its good to see OC hasn't changed since I worked there in the late 70's. Build at any cost. If it weren't for CAFRA and the Pinelands being a little drag, the entire county would be Long Island South.

Reactions: bobpbx