Various Photo's From Today

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
All,

For a few years a group of us have been woking on a project and today was this years addition.

IMG_0027.JPG

One of the participants in this project has the most excellent vision and noticed this in the far distance which nobody noticed in all the many times we have been there. Obviously, we had to check it out. Jessica even climbed into this one which in my memory is the first time that has occurred. It was complete with all the necessities to enjoy oneself including condoms! Video's to come.

IMG_0006.JPG

Jessica on her way back down.

IMG_0008.JPG

And once she reached the bottom Bob informed her she had not closed the door. Back up she went. I took the photo so quick my lens cover was not fully open.

IMG_0009.JPG

Bog Asphodel

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0019.JPG

I love taking photo's of this tree :)

IMG_0012.JPG

Sundew

IMG_0023.jpg

And finially, I was playing around with my sun glasses and took these two photo's of a bladderwort. The polorizing really does impove the look on bright sunny days. Compare the next two.

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I can't with a point and shoot. I will be buying another camera in the semi near future that will not be point and shoot. I have not wanted to do this because of the size but it is apparent to me I want something different. I dropped this one last week into the sand and Jessica spent quite a while with her long fingernails scraping the sand out of the lens so it would open.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Was the deer stand in the area between where we parked and the area with the plot?

No.

It takes a very sharp eye to see this thing. We were within 100 yards of it.

Guy

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
That may happen when I retire. Work is the bane of my existence and drains the life out of me. Without my explorations of the pines I would go crazy, and that leaves little time for anything else.

Also, I am sorry I fail to respond to all of the comments on everyones posts. Chrisr...I have a point and shoot that does not hold a polarizer. My next camera will be different. I buy point and shoot because they are easer to carry in my pack. Plus, if I fall into the water the cost of replacement is much less.

Reactions: Chrisr

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Rob from work met me at my house this morning at 5:30AM and we headed out for a whirlwind morning looking for orchids and anything else we could find. Most of the time was driving from place to place so we had quite a bit of car time. We visited several white and yellow orchid locations along the way and were impressed with a recently location I learned of. We found today that the colors of them really varied from location to location.

Our first stop was to examine the Morning Glory which still is flowering. Then, while showing him an old stone on our route I found these caterpillars in an odd position. Each one shared an opposite side of a branch from the others.

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

This branch had just two of them.

IMG_0252a.jpg

This photo has a surprise in it.

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0235a.jpg

Guy

Reactions: dogg57 and John