Weather on the way...

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Nothing here either, but I don't think the NWS forecast for my area was predicting anything. This winter really has not been very bad down here. Three snows of about 2" each. A broom is the only "equipment" I have needed so far. And it was almost 65 degrees here on Sunday! :)

Reactions: manumuskin

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
Yeah the winter has been a big disappointment down here after reading all those long range forecasts saying we were going to get hammered with awesome snow storms this winter.I mean if your going to freeze my rear end off at least make it worth it.I"m not as fond of snow as I used to be before taking this job and having to drive to or from work at midnight down deserted unpopulated roads in the mess but hey! My dog still loves it and she has yet to hit the woods in more then a couple inches.I want to bury her in it for once:)

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
If the drip-drip-drip drives you nutz, those little chemical handwarmer thingies work well, last for about 8 hours. Stick one under the sink. Always kept a box around in winter at the cabin. But the drip-drip-drip is pretty much the best, unless you have well water and the power goes out.

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
Nothing but rain down here. I heard Joe Bastardi from Accuweather on Fox Business yesterday though, and he said February would be really bad, like last year with sub-zero temperatures. Sure hope he's wrong….

You know Boyd, I remember reading your post a few weeks ago and hoping that it did not become a self-fulfilling prophesy.
So much for hoping !

Reactions: Boyd

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
done had one burst pipe this year.Leave the water trickling now.Had beefed up insulation too, still burst.

Never had a problem here before… until this morning. Everything was fine at 5:00 AM, then at 7:00 AM… no water. No broken pipes, the pump was getting power but not working. Was fortunate to get a plumber out here in a couple hours. Turned out that the pressure switch on the pump tank had frozen (problem was aggravated by all the mineral deposits) so they replaced it and everything was fine. The plumber said they are seeing a lot of this now. The vent in the crawlspace near the tank was probably the culprit, so they plugged that up with insulation.

Cost me a few bucks, but could have been a lot worse…. :)

manumuskin

Piney
Jul 20, 2003
millville nj
www.youtube.com
A doctor called a plumber because his sink was clogged up and when the plumber came over he got down under the sink and fiddled around with a couple of pipe wrenches for fifteen minutes then stood up and said "All Done"! That'll be 75 bucks. The doctor said I"m a doictor and I don't make that kind of money. The plumber said "When I was a doctor I didn't make that kind of money either"!

Reactions: 46er

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Forecast just updated. We are now on the border of 2-3/4-6.

StormTotalSnowRange.png

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
We have about 6 inches so far. Jess and I plowed our place and my In-Laws and it is piling up still.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
We got an inch, maybe a bit less here. Light rain is falling now. Should all wash away tomorrow, but when the temperatures drop again tomorrow night, could be an icy mess in some places...

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
We went to an indoor/outdoor party tonight whose theme was FU Winter. The temps were pleasant and we had a fire rolling in what became a light drizzle. The food was awesome and I now fully embrace the party's theme !