Weather on the way...

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
How about this morning, is the theme still fully embraceable?
:)

Absolutely Bob.
I already ran the dogs three miles through the white sludge this morning and had a pancake and sausage breakfast.
If you were thinking I had a hangover, you have to keep in mind that I am a highly trained professional.
:)

Reactions: bobpbx

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
The sun is getting close to coming out but not yet.

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Thermometer says 50 degrees here. But it's gonna be a mess tomorrow morning when all this watery slush freezes again.

We went to an indoor/outdoor party tonight whose theme was FU Winter.

I heard that Winter just sent out invitations for another party whose theme is "F U People". :p

Last edited:

RednekF350

Piney
Feb 20, 2004
Pestletown, N.J.
That's great Boyd ! I believe it too.
Meanwhile, I am sipping a Cape May Coastal Evacuation Double IPA in Cape May. I have to prepare for the next big storm quickly.

Reactions: Boyd

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
I was in Lebanon today and the roads are terrible. I struggled to make it to my camera and on the way out almost got stuck. The snow is quite deep and the ruts in the road make me have to straddle them. When I slipped into them I struggled. So the warmer weather is needed badly with some nice rain to melt the snow.

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Tomorrow or in 20 more days, your choice.

From the Old Farmers Almanac;

"Astronomically speaking, the March equinox occurs when the Sun crosses the celestial equator on its way north along the ecliptic. In the Northern Hemisphere, the March equinox is known as the vernal, or spring, equinox, and marks the start of the spring season. In the Southern Hemisphere, this equinox is known as the autumnal, or fall, equinox and marks the start of the fall season; the vernal equinox for the Southern Hemisphere occurs in September.

The March equinox happens at the same moment across the world but is converted to local time. In 2015, it falls on March 20 at 6:45 P.M. EDT, 5:45 P.M. CDT, 4:45 P.M. MDT, and 3:45 P.M. PDT, for example.

Meteorologically speaking, however, in the Northern Hemisphere the official spring season always begins on March 1 and continues through May 31. Summer begins on June 1; autumn, September 1; and winter, December 1. Weather scientists divide the year into quarters this way to make it easier to compare seasonal and monthly statistics from one year to the next. The meteorological seasons are based on annual temperature cycles rather than on the position of Earth in relation to the Sun, and they more closely follow the Gregorian calendar. Using the dates of the astronomical equinoxes and solstices for the seasons would present a statistical problem because these dates can vary slightly each year.

Teegate

Administrator
Site Administrator
Sep 17, 2002
Looks like it is in a box on a deck. Edit: I just read the info. Did not see it earlier.

Last edited:

46er

Piney
Mar 24, 2004
Coastal NJ
Looks like it is in a box on a deck. Edit: I just read the info. Did not see it earlier.

That one is in Oklahoma City, we have one out back that is hooting up a storm.

A young one from June a few year's back at Cloverdale Farm. Those toe nails can do some real damage :eek:

2423424355_34be242484_o.jpg

Reactions: noboat

Boyd

Administrator
Staff member
Site Administrator
Jul 31, 2004
Ben's Branch, Stephen Creek
Man, we just can't get a break from this winter…. We could have as much as 8 inches of snow on the ground again by the end of Thursday. :argh:

Wednesday Night: Rain, snow, and sleet before 1am, then snow and sleet between 1am and 4am, then snow after 4am. Low around 28. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. High near 30. North wind around 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.